Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1,000,000 postings in ABAP General Forum!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

it may seem a little unimportant, but we (the whole SAP Community Network) have almost achieved 1,000,000 postings on the

[ABAP General Forum|;. Isn't it great?

Are we going to celebrate a party or so for this milestone?

Keep up the good work! Kind regards,

Alvaro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My estimate is that 98% of those texts could be removed without losing valuable, unique content.

[brand new example|;

Improvements are starting to take effect though.

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be even better if 999,999 of those posts weren't questions about ALV's and BDC's....

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder how many of the 1.000.000 questions are real? I.e. could have been answered by searching, RTFM or simply reading SAPHelp....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Considering the fact we are going to be removing a lot of stuff no celebrating until we see where we stand after that point.

JanStallkamp
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

They are posting faster then I can delete... Honestly the number of postings in ABAP general is nothing I'm very happy about. Many people contributing is a very positive thing but a lot of postings in ABAP general should not be asked there (some even should not be asked at all). ABAP general should be the place for all questions related to ABAP but not to ABAP OO, DDIC, smartforms, performance and so on. If everyone would chose the right forum I guess there would not be more than 10 new threads per day.

/Jan

BTW: Are deleted postings removed from the counter? I never checked that out.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My estimate is that 98% of those texts could be removed without losing valuable, unique content.

[brand new example|;

Improvements are starting to take effect though.

0 Kudos

> My estimate is that 98% of those texts could be removed without losing valuable, unique content.

Especially when so many people answer an already answered question. Why do they do that?

0 Kudos

The first three or four come in simultaneously, but the motiviation of people answering "use SE80" after clearly seeing several "use SE80" answers remains a dark mystery. They might hope the OP is shaking his input device so much that the tenner might get assigned to their redundant answer.

I once pulled this off [here|;.

However, trying to be funny can also heavily backfire, as can be witnessed [here|;.

Long live ABAP General

0 Kudos

>

> However, trying to be funny can also heavily backfire, as can be witnessed [here|;.

There are A LOT of misunderstandings in that thread... I also missed the "Einschraubgewinde", but that is irrelevant, because the only clear message amongst the answers is => read the rules and use the search.

Though it is still not clear whether that message is shining through to the OP... who's other multiple-choice question can be found [here|;. Hmmm.. one of his clients now send him mutliple choice questionaires?

Sometimes, there are also negative points for getting multiple-choices wrong when the rules are so obvious, like [here|; and [here|; and...

Have a nice weekend!

Julius

0 Kudos

palak's gone??

so thats one spammer less to deal with eh?

pk

0 Kudos

Hi pk,

Guest was not a spammer.

Guest was a Copy&Paster, a Link-Farmer and a Points-Hunter who ignored several warnings. Guest also had 2 other accounts at SDN and a considerable number of points.

Although initially only the most insignificant of the 3 accounts made the mistakes...

sy-dbcnt = 3

Guest lost everything.

Cheers,

Julius