cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery type LR cannot be invoiced with billing type RE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am refering below flow to create an return order, but face an error when creating credit billing document:

ret sale order(RE)-ret delivery(LR)-post goods receipt(stock will be restored in corresponding storage loc)---credit for return(RE)

Error msg: " Delivery type LR cannot be invoiced with billing type RE;

Check the table entries for the copying control of billing

documents and add the missing entries as necessary.

Make the appropriate settings in Customizing if you have

the authorization to do so."

So i guess i might need maintain corresponding copying control for 'delivery document to billing document'...As the source order type is LR, and target order type is RE...I checked SPRO and found there are below inputs needed. May i know what kind of data should be inputed normally??

"Copying requirements

Determ.export data

Assignment Number

Reference number"

Thank you very much!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Generally, for you kind of case:

Copying requirements: 014 (Hdr dlv.rel.IC bill.)

Determ.export data - (blank)

Assignment Number - (blank)

Reference number - (blank)

Need to maintain following in Item Cat: * REN* in copy control:

Copying requirements: 015 (Itm dlv.rel.IC bill.)

Data VBRK/VBRP: 000

Billing quantity: B

Pos./neg. quantity: +

Pricing type: G

PricingExchRate type: (As per your requirment)

Price source: (blank)

If helpful, then kindly reward.

Take care. JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JP,

Could you kindly tell me where i could find the settings for item category REN.

Do as what you had said, this item is not relevant for billing as i just checked its delivery order item.

Thank you very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hoo

You will need to go to VTAA or VTAF depending whuich document types your are copying between .

Select the appropriate documents you wish to configure the copy control between and then select the Item folder to the left of your screen which will then give you your REN Item category

Please give points if valid

Later

Kasy

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Setting for Item Category REN can be found with T-codes - VOV7 (Items in Sales Documents) & OVLP 9items in Delivery documents)

Hope this helps...

Reward if Useful...

Jignesh Mehta

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First, create Item cat REN in VOV7, if not there.

If you are able to create Sales order then should be there.

Or check what item category you are using.

Then in the same copying control customisation in select your Tgt and source doc and double click on item in dialog structure on LHS. There you define your item category with given specification earlier. I have taken REN as an example to make you understand, if you item cat in use is same then thats great.

So, go ahead and configure. If any problem do revert.

Take care.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In standard SAP credit memo for sale returns with refrence to return order only. (RE). Thats why you are getting this error. If your requirement is to refer the delivery quantity for the credit memo then you can do any one of the following

1. Change the copy control setting for Return order to Credit memo.

Go to VTFA transaction and select your return order type (RE) and Credit memo type (RE) and go to item category level and select your returns item category (REN) and change the billing quantity to 'D' -Delivery quantity.

Now create your credit note with reference to your returns sale order. (not delivery). Onlly delivered quantity will be copied to the credit memo.

2. If you want to create return credit memo with reference to your return delivery then follow the first two guy's reply. Also you have to do one more setting at your return order document type (RE).

Go to VOV8 and enter ur return order type and go to details then enter the return credit memo type in the delivery related billing field. (FKARV) in the billing section.

Regards

Shiva

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hoo Laa

The copying control for Return order RE and Delivery type LR is VTLA where the three fields which you are mentioning will not come.

However the same will flow in VTFL for the combination of LR and IG.

- Copying requirements will differ in many companies. But most commonly used to my knowledge is 014.

- Determine export data should be blank

- The other two fields are nothing but the reference document which will be passed on to FI from SD. For example, if you maintain B in either of these fields, in Accounting Document, SD order reference will flow; if you maintain C, delivery reference will flow in FI. Like this, it all depends on clients' requirement. If you maintain some value in these fields, it will be better I feel.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hoo,

Enter the follwoing Details:

Copying requirements - 003 (Header/dlv.-related)

Determ.export data - Blank

Assignment Number - Blank

Reference number - Blank

Check the Box in Copy Item Number...

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Mumbai, India

+91 98700 10230