cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO RANGES FOR EXCISE INVOICES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

How can we maintain the same no range interval for both Export and domestic Excise invoice....ie 1 to 1000 for both exp and dom.

I have created two series grps one for Domestic and the other for Exports...and assigned the same no interval for both the series grps...but with different no range object .

Now the system generated the exp and dom excise invoice both starting with 1......but the thing is the system updates the domestic excise values and not the exports in the table...J_1IEXCHDR...

Thanks

Sasi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SASI,

Maintaining the number ranges has nothing to do with the updating of the excise header table.Normally SAP maintians separate number range for each object i.e exports, deemed exports, exports under bond ....

Treat Rebate and ct1 and ct2 are treated as bond phenomena.

Customers normally ask for Separate number range for Domestic and Export series so you need to assign accordingly.

Now coming to your question of the excise header table not getting updated pls check your basic price condition. Are there two pricing conditions in your pricing procedure. If so ensure that only the one that is to post to theExcise base amt has the condition category basic price attached to it.

If you have many like that make the others statistical.

Another reason is that SAP provides a pricing procedure for exports without any excise conditions. Thats why it does not post to excise header table. You need to insert the excise conditions and make them statistical. Only then you will get the values.

The standard procedure has only freight and insurance conditions apart from price. So will it post to excise header table?

In order to check it out copy the ZInfac pricing procedure to exports pricing procedure and make the excise conditions statistial and see if it does not work.

BAsed on this you can modify your procedure.

regards

Jude

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check the excise header. Are the values getting updated in it. If it is not comig then check your pricing procedure and the Account determination under logistics general.

I assume you have maintained the default excise conditions for ECS and Higher edn cess in determination of excise duty.

If the values are coming in the excise document then it should go into the excise header. If it is figuring but not going to excise header then there is something wrong with the program. ask your abap person to check it out. Maybe some note needs to be applied.

remember only from exxcise header the duty values will be printed in the RG1. For the exports scenario, the print program suppresses it except for rebate where it does print it. But either way whether its printed or not, the vaues should figure in the excise header.

If only excise base amount is getting calculated but not ecs and higher ecs is not coming then check your pricing procedure and your account assignments and your condition type settings as well.

check and let me know if it works. I will try to provide additional inputs.

regds

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jude,

Forgot to tell that the Excise Invoice for domestic sale is working fine.....the excise values are getting updated in the excise header for the dom....

I have the same excise condition types and the excise condition totals maintained in both the exp and dom sales.....

I have generated a dom excise with No - 1(Series grp X1) and and Exp excise with No-1(Series grp X2).

The Excise header shows both the invoice no....against DLFC but only the dom excise value is getting updated and the excise entries against the exp is nil..

Thanks

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sasi,

As i said early, in case of domestic sale , it is duty paid and duty will get updated in excise tables.

But in case of export under bond, it is duty forgone , means duty will not be paid and ARE will be created. Here , as per your statement

the excise entries against the exp is nil

system is behaving correctly .

There is no problem with your excise invoice , try to debug the ARE prog and fix the problem.

saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saravanan,

Correct me if I am wrong......the Excise values to ARE1 flows from the Excise header....which gets updated when excise invoice holds the excise values....

I have some test data where excise values are shown in the excise invoice under bond and which subsequently flowed into ARE1....

I too have created the same while testing....with some dummy data....where the exp invoice held the excise values

but now as i was doing a unit testing I was not getting the same result....

Thanks

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing this by giving points...

Thanks for the inputs

Sasi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear sasi

Do not maintain Numbers for the Object: J_1IEXCEXP; only maintain for J_1IEXCLOC

When you go into J1IIN, you will need to mark the checkbox: [Use Local Number] Mark the checkbox and save your Excise Invoice. This number will be a continuation of your Domestic Excise Invoice.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jude,

The customer requirement is that both the Exp and Domestic excises should be between 1 to 10000 this year ie Dom exc should start with 1-10000 and and at the same time Exp exc should start with 1 as well.

I am doing Export under bond.......

As you rightly said.... my pricing procedure has two pricing conditions and I made sure that only the one that is to post to the Excise base amt has the condition category basic price attached to it and marked the other statistical.

Also the Export pricing procedure shows the excise conditions and the Excise totals conditions as statistical....

While generating a Export excise invoice ...the values are flowing in to the excise invoice and after saving only the values are getting null.....and the Excise base amount alone is shown in the ARE1.......

So pl share your valuable inputs to resolve this....this been putting me into trouble since long time...

Thanks

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

J sasi

If I have understood yr problem correctly U can not see the excise duty at the time of creation of Excise invoice in case of export that u can see in the billing and that also Zero in JEX2 and other duty components.

Please take the help of ABAPer and debug the ARE1 creation program if u r not facing such proble with same export senario with other customer.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sasi,

In case of export , if it is under bond , duty forgone will be there , then no duty will be shown in J1II or J_1IEXCHDR tables .

saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saravana,

Can you pl brief me a little....becoz the values were shown while creating teh exp excise invoice and after saving the same doc shows zero excise values...

Thanks

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sasi,

In case of export under bond , no duty will get stored in excise tables except base value.

Based on this base value and cutom % , ARE duty forgone is calculated while creation of ARE .

If duty is not calculated in ARE ,

1.please check the billing document (VF03) , whether duty is zero there?

2. If duty amount is zero , then debug the ARE prog ( take help for ABAP er ) and find out why duty forgone is not calculated.

3.If duty amount is not zero, it means maintain the duty elements as 0% through VK11 against the bond that you have maintainted.

saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

maintain the tcode J1I9

CHEERS