cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter FTP issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is File --> IDoc.The source file has to be picked from an FTP server.XI is configured to poll the server every 5 minutes.But frequently the sender channel throws FTP connectivity issue.

"An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server <Servername>. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 421 Service not available, closing control connection.'. For details, contact your FTP server vendor."

Could someone help on the issue.I have a vague idea about FTP error 421 : FTP server limits the total number of connections available or limits the connections available to one user.

Where do I need to change the limitation?

Regards,

Shanthi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanthi,

In your sender file adapter, try changing the Connect Mode parameter from 'Permanently' to 'Per File Transfer'. This would open the FTP connection only for the period of file transfer and close it afterwards so that it is available to other users. Apply this setting to all the sender file adapters (communication channels) that use this FTP server.

You can also try changing Data Connection from Active to Passive or vice versa. Specify Timeout if necessary.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Riyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kummari,

How to limit the connection to one. And in addition to that, many other applications ftp's file from this server, so I can't limit the connection to one. Probably we can limit to a decent count.

But how to do it & where to change it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i think there are too many connection s to FTP site

first of all limit the connections.....to one....and also check the connection parameters

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this.

Error 421 Service not available, closing control connection.

Error 421 User limit reached

Error 421 You are not authorized to make the connection

Error 421 Max connections reached

Error 421 Max connections exceeded

Possible Solutions:

You may receive a 421 error if the FTP server you are connected to limits the total number of connections available or limits the connections available to one user. There are three things you can do:

1. Limit the number of connections to any one FTP site by selecting Tools > Global Options > Connection and set "Per site max connections / transfers" to 1 (By default it will be set to 2).

2. Remove items from the Transfer Queue. The Transfer Queue is where you see items ready for transfer, in transit, or just transferred. Sometimes the Queue Pane can become cluttered with unfinished transfers. To clear the queue, right-click inside it and choose Remove All.

3. Make sure only one instance of CuteFTP is running on your system. Open the Windows Task Manager and see if CuteFTP is listed more than once.

[Reffer it|http://help.globalscape.com/help/support/Error_Codes/FTP_Codes.htm]

Thanks

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go through the thread...

Thanks,

Madhu