Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to open file in excel formate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My client's one of the user unable to open any file that is in excel formate. However he can open MS word document, pdf document. The problem is only with excel file The most important thing is that few week back the same user was able to open excel attachment.

Please note that user are normaly open the attachment to any trasaction via attachment list.

In su53 it showing S_Doku_aut as authorization object.

Request you to share your input in the above.

Thanks in advance.

Sp sahu

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the SU53 show any authorization errors, or just that the object was checked successfully?

There are other threads on problems with various versions of SAPGUI and Excel; check the ABAP forums for more info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahu,

check ST01 trace

SU53 sometimes gives wrong results.

hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sahu,

I too had a very similiar experience with one of my clients. There is nothing to do with missing authorizations.

Ask him/her to set the resolution of their display to 1024 by 768 pixels. This is because some high display resolutions are not supported by SAP Front end. Believe me, I was amazed to discover that something like this exits.

Have a nice weekend...............

Shashi kanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

System resolution may be one of the reason. However the problem automatic resolve in my case by the time I called up the user.

Thanks to all for your help.

Regds,

sp sahu