cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what mean by non moving materials ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

iam an abaper.What is non moving materials and how can i get non moving materials ..and i need to print all non moving materials from mara , mseg ,mbew tables .

Thank you,

Madhu Rao

Edited by: madhubabu rao on Jul 18, 2008 8:02 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mabhu,

Non-moving material mena the Materials that are lying in Stock since long period & have not yet been sold...

But the period since the material have not moved depends on Company & Material type. E.g. Milk can be non-moving material if it is in stock for more than 2 days... but a car cannot be called non-moving even if it is in the stock since 3 months...

So please as ask your company to clarify that they want a list of Materials that as lying in stock since how many days.. .

Hope this helps...

Reward if useful...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Mumbai

98700 10230

Edited by: Jignesh Mehta on Jul 18, 2008 11:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh Mehta,

Thanks for fast replay.

actually i need a report which displays all non moving materials .

this report should be useful for every company..can i get non moving material from mara , mbew and mseg? pls tell me how to fine non moving materials?

Madhu Rao

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Madhu

The above TCodes will answer your question

[actually i need a report which displays all non moving materials]

Please try that.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can access Material Doc header Table - MKPF from that you would get the posting date of the material.

Posting date means the date on which you posted Goods Receipt in your plant...

Hope this helps...

Reward if useful...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Mumbai

98700 10230

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Madhu,

Non moving material means which materials are lying from long period in the storage location becasue not able to sell or customer not interested to buy those materials.

First you need to conform with the functional consultant what is the time duration to call it has non-moving material based on that period you can get the output.

The date of the finished goods reciept of the material to the storage locatuion is bench mark, from that date you fix how many days need to be lied in the storage location to call it has non moving stock.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Madhu

Mostly in Make To Stock scenario, this situation quite often will come bcoz assuming that for some items, order will come in the near future, some quantities will be produced and stored. But over a period of time, order will not come and these stocks will be treated as Non Moving Items or Slow Moving Items.

T.Code to see these details are

- MC46 Slow Moving Items

- MC50 Dead Stock

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi