cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

back order entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friend!!!!

I want to create sales order , delivery , billing for the date of 01.04.2008 this all transaction i want to do today's date

i set period open for month of 01.04.2008

but when i create sales order today ,system confirm schedule line on today's date only e.g 18.07.2008

THOUGH THE STOCK AVAILABLE ON 01.04.2008

i want system should confirm on 01.04.2008

WHAT IS BACK ORDER PROCESSING ?????

WHERE & WHY IT IS USE AND WHAT IS SETTING FOR THAT?????

is it possible ??????

if yes please give me detail setting of that

POINTS WILL REWARD 100%

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Backorder processing is a functionality in SAP where you can change the committments and over-ride the blockage of stocks

marked against sales documents/deliveries. For e.g. you receive an order from a very important customer for material "A" but

the entire quantity of A is committed to another customer "B" via earlier sales orders and this is where BACKORDER processing helps you to change the committment and shift stock due for B to A. This is the benefit of this funtionality.

OMIH - Checking rule for updating backorders

OPJL - Define new checking rule

OPJJ - Define scope of check

V_RA - Backorder Processing

Coming to first part of ur query of processing Delivery & PGI at backdated is possible as those dates can be entered manually. Hope this helps....

Reward points if useful....

Thanks

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The system will always propose either todays date or a future date in the schedule line tab of the sales order.

If stock is available today, at the time of delivery creation the system will take todays date and create delivery. During delivery creation there is an option to change the date to your required date in all the tab pages - Goods Issue, Picking, Transportation. Change the dates in these tab pages to 01.04.2008. and do post goods issue. As the old period is open, goods issue can be done on 01.04.2008 as the actual goods issue date.

Regarding your query on Backorder processing - Many a times it so happens that during availability check the quantity in the sales order is not confirmed. SAP provides an option to confirm these orders through backorder processing i.e. order confirmation after creation of sales order. In backorder processing you actually reallocate the quantity based on your required to the required sales orders.

The transaction code for Backorder Processing is CO06.

Go to transaction CO06 and enter the material and plant. On executing it will take you to a screen where you can see the list of sales orders for this material and against each material you can also see the confirmed quanitities.

Select your order and Click on "Change quanitites". A pop-up box will appear. Mention the quantity you want to confirm. and save. The sales order will now get confirmed.

Hope this helps! If you have queries please mention.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The system take into consideration the lead time in days maintained in the sales document type.

this is the system functionality you cannot change the delivery date.

But you have a option to give the GI date in the delivery.

Create the delivery give the shipping point , sales document, and date u specified ie 18.

when you enter inside , give the GI date is on today, the system will except the delivery because the stock of the material is available.

second , no setting is need for the back orde processing,

please use the transaction code CO09. give the sales order number.

thanks

Kuntla