cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To print values in Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created one smartform in that I am using 'SPELL_AMOUNT' FM to display net amount. I am passing net value and currency as 'INR' . Ex: if i am passing Net value as 2000000. The out put is 'TWO MILLION' is there any way i can make it as 'TWENTY LAKHS' .

Please help me.

Thanks,

Naresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

data: words(50) type c.

call function 'HR_IN_CHG_INR_WRDS'
     exporting
          amt_in_num   = '100000'
     importing
          amt_in_words = words.

write:/ words.

With Regards

Nikunj Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you all for responses....

Nikunj..you solved my prob.

Regards,

Naresh.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Functionality

This function module converts an amount or number into words. It can be used as follows:

Convert a number into words

To do this, the transfer parameters LANGUAGE and AMOUNT have to be entered.

Convert an amount into words

To do this, the fields LANGUAGE, CURRENCY, and AMOUNT have to be entered.

Set the number of places before and after the decimal point for an amount

To do this, the parameters CURRENCY and AMOUNT have to be entered. The LANGUAGE field must be transferred with the value SPACE. This option optimizes the runtime of the function module.

The structure SPELL transfers the converted amounts. The function module enters the number of places before and after the decimal point in the NUMBER and DECIMAL fields, the amount in words in the WORD and DECWORD fields, and the figure in words in the DIGnn fields. The numbers converted into words can be protected by a star or some other FILLER.

Notes

If you are using the first two functions, the system always checks whether the language required for the conversion is also entered in the calling program.

Example

Program RF_SPELL contains a sample call of the function module. You can use it for test purposes.

Further information

The FB uses table T015Z (figures and numbers in words) for the conversion. You may have to modify this table since the grammar for numbers in other languages may differ from the rules of grammar for Central European numbers (especially between German and English). Take note of the following languages:

Reward if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use this function module in your print program and there if you are dynamically passing your amount field or otherwise also check in debugger how its being converted.

You must be finding it works fine if you run it print program and see.