cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Scenarios (Views)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Need some u r views on below statements.

1) When i am using RFC Sender Adapter , i can only just give only static import paramters or else i can schedule it to background.

So i understand that RFC Sender Adapter can be used when we want to use to do particular job on timely basic (Job would be constant).

If any one says , we can pass dynamic import parameters .. kindly share how it could be done ?

To my understanding Sender System (Sap) Should start my process and XI takes on from there and no where XI can start the Receiver System (In case Of Sender RFC i mean).

2) So for Dynamic Data flow , we can use IDOC.So when any updation is made it would populate the IDOC which in turn starts my XI box configured Scenario.

Share u views on Sender RFC / IDOC Adapter

regards

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Say you want to capture Material master changes, without using IDOC.

If there is a BADI/USER exit available after saving in the transaction, a piece of code can be inserted wich makes an entry of material number in the Z table.

A scheduled report program can take the material number from Z table, read material master from SAP using this and trigger proxy.

I hope this answer is sufficient.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thq u

guys for bunch of answers

regards

srini

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

You dont need to store entire data in an intermediate table. Only key field like EmployeeNumber needs to be stored.

Custom IDOC will require much more development work.

Also an IDOC will genereate one message per record in PI. Using proxy, you can make packets of say 500 records, wich is much more efficient.

You need to take a call based on requirement.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for u r reply.

U mean to say that capturing only the key fields (Primary key) would be enough u mean to say.

Well based on this i should schedule my ABAP proxy to fetch data and pass to XI which would be triggering point .

That was my comcern.. can u elobrate the scenario what u had in mind with some example.

thx in advance

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

You dont need to use RFC or IDOC.

You can use ABAP Proxy. It also supports application and system acknowledgements.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Halo,

if i use ABAP Client proxy , i have to write code to capture the paramters that has been updated ,

then in turn as said first i have to transfer all the data first to intermidiate table and then this abap proxy report program has to run to fetch data.

though i agree efficiency vice.

Is it good if i use IDOC , kindly read entire replies hope u guys understand what i am saying

regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

There are 2 cases.

1) Standard table with no standard IDOC.

You can capture the primary keys of changed records in a custom table. This can be done in a BADI implementation/user exit.

A scedule report program can the read the records using this Z table and trigger a client proxy to PI.

2) Z table.

Same approach can be built in the peice of code which updates this table. You can directly trigger Proxy if real time interface is required.

Does this answer your question? Or your question is different.

Regards,

Vikas

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can only just give only static import paramters or else i can schedule it to background.

U can schedule an RFC.

If any one says , we can pass dynamic import parameters .. kindly share how it could be done ?

By static parameter, do u mean value of parameters are static or the number of parameters is static? Number of parameters should be static but value can always be dynamic.

To my understanding Sender System (Sap) Should start my process and XI takes on from there and no where XI can start the Receiver System (In case Of Sender RFC i mean).

This is correct.

2) So for Dynamic Data flow , we can use IDOC.

For dynamic data flow, even RFCs can be used. In case of RFCs, trigger point may be a scheduled RFC or a sheduled report calling RFC internally which may send the data dynamically to XI.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Lemme put more clarity to my question.

Here dynamic parameters of the import parameters.

I had a Word with ABAP team i hear below one , kindly put u r views.

My Requirment : My client is gonna update tables , those fields has to captured dynamically and sent to the Oracle DB through XI.

Well issue started whether to go with : Sender RFC or IDOC.

My understanding was that we cannot use RFC Sender to have import parameters as Dynamic , but ABAP team said that we can go to that Transaction and see if enhancment is there and run RFC from there , henceforth that becomes a triggering point.

Well by creating Custom IDOC , when ever there is a update , my idoc gets populated and henceforth it would act as the Triggering point.

Well guys u r views would be appreciated in stead of directing to Basic links

thx regards

Srini

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I still think u r talking about dynamic number of parameters

Whether it is idoc or RFC, u have to import it in XI and that structure should be static. Therefore the number of parameters of RFC or no of fields of Idoc cannot be dynamic.

If u have dynamic number of parameter, u may pass all the values in a single field or RFC/Idoc and try extracting the individual values at XI by using java mapping.

If talking in terms of dynamic values of those fields/parameters, then in both the cases, values can be populated dynamically

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

*If talking in terms of dynamic values of those fields/parameters, then in both the cases, values can be populated dynamically*

Above is what i exactly talking about , sorry for not using putting in correct way.

Well talking letz get specific in populating the fields.

See if the customer has updated in particular transaction , u mean to say RFC import paramters can be filled dynamically which will trigger my xi.

How this can happen can anyone throw some idea ??

In case of IDOC i am quiet sure we can populate when executing particular action using ALE setting

am i right ? more clear views on this wud b nice.

thx srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Any help on this

regards

Srinivas

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case of RFC, it is possible but will require some additional effort. Like creation of temp table which gets populated based on the updates on transaction, then some scheduled abap report picking up the data from that table.

In case of Idoc, it would be definitely easier. U may proceed with it.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

can u reply back if we need.

Intermidate tabler for both RFC and IDOC.

i understand that IDOC can populate it"s segments as per the ALE config made.

But that it not case with RFC , lot more work around has to be made in regards with development.

kindly give u r views

regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Sender RFC adapter is used when sender SAP system wants to request XI Integration Engine to process RFC calls. This could either be synchronous or asynchronous. Generally this is synchronous. For details see [Understanding the RFC Adapter|http://www.riyaz.net/blog/index.php/2008/02/06/understanding-the-rfc-adapter/]. For IDoc adapter, see [IDoc Communication using SAP XI|http://www.riyaz.net/blog/index.php/2008/02/11/xipi-simple-idoc-communication-using-sap-xi/].

Regards,

Riyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this Blog

Regards,

Suryanarayana