Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wm movement type

Former Member
0 Kudos

its a very easy one anyone having bit of clearity on wm can solve this

question:

why do we assign the source storage type in the warehouse movement type 101 ? i belive it should be the destination storage type in there as goods has not been be kept till now anywhere so how can the system ask for the source it must be the destination one

and one more thing why do we need to assign the source or for that matter the desination storage type if we have already assigned the stock removal and stock placement indicators in the material master > system should find the source or destination storage type from there as per the strategies and not from the warehouse movement type

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Firstly the material master has got nothing to do with this.

When you carry out a GR in IM you receive in to a specific St Location. The system then recognises that this St Loc has got a Warehouse attached to it and therefore as well as receiving the stock in to IM it must send it to WM.

Now Im will not decide where to put the stock so it just puts it in to an interim st type which is 902. It then creates a Transfer Requirement to let you know that some stock has arrived and needs to be put away. You then create the TO and because of the GR in IM the system knoows that the movement type is 101 and it knows there is stock to be put away but what it does not know is where the stock is and so it looks at the movement type and sees that the source is 902. Then the strategies take over to suggest where to put it.

I hope that this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

really great you have solved my problem completely

man thats great i was stuck at this point which you clearely mentioned in your answer

well i am relaxed now as i know that some one is there who can really help me out inm the issues related with WM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

We will specify the source and destination storage type in material master, but in material master there is no relation for movement type, to link between movement type and storage type, you have to assign in SPRO.

Regards,