cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FG start date not dependent on SFG finish date

bear_boy
Participant
0 Kudos

the planned order for the SFG has finish dates of 10/14/2008. however, its parent material, the FG, ends on 10/02/2008, 12 days before the SFG's finish. isnt the system supposed to schedule the SFG first, before the FG?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally system will schedule like this only.

If you want to schedule considering the dep reqmts also, then set the Adjust dates indicator in OPU5 - Adjust Scheduling tab - to Adjust basic dates.dep reqmts to order start .

pls try and comeback

bear_boy
Participant
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> Normally system will schedule like this only.

>

> If you want to schedule considering the dep reqmts also, then set the Adjust dates indicator in OPU5 - Adjust Scheduling tab - to Adjust basic dates.dep reqmts to order start .

>

> pls try and comeback

what is the difference between "Adjust basic dates.dep reqmts to order start" & "Adjust basic dates.dep reqmts to operation dates"?

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raf

OPU5 - Adjust Scheduling tab - to Adjust basic dates.dep reqmts to order start means material should available at order start time.

And to Adjust basic dates.dep reqmts to operation start means material should available at operation start time as per assignment of component to the operation.

Regards,

R.brahmankar

bear_boy
Participant
0 Kudos

why is it that when i run MRP, system calculates production dates that finish after my basic finish? can i prevent this, using OPu5?

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya , you can prevent this, by defining the reduction type,max redn level, % redn in floats in OPU5.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raf,

This is because you not have assigned Reduction strategy

either to the operation or in the order type dependent parameters.

If the lot size is higher your Production dates may go outside

the basic dates.

In such case the system tries to reduce the lead time based on the setting defined in the OPU3 and OPU5.

And

You can avoid this by updating material master from routing timing and I have explained you about it before.

As you knows inhouse production time in material master is lot size independent and time of the routing are lot size dependent..

Reward if useful.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar.

bear_boy
Participant
0 Kudos

So do you mean to say this can be avoided by maintaining in-house producution time in material master that is based on routing?

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raf ,

What is your scheduling Type? and Strategy for FG and SFG?

Use tcode OPU5, select your plant.

Goto Adjust scheduling field, select Adjust Basic dates, dependent requirement to operation start date.Try with these four option.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Edited by: R Brahmankar on Jul 18, 2008 10:21 AM

bear_boy
Participant
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Raf ,

>

> What is your scheduling Type? and Strategy for FG and SFG?

> Use tcode OPU5, select your plant.

> Goto Adjust scheduling field, select Adjust Basic dates, dependent requirement to operation start date.Try with these four option.

>

> Regards,

> R.Brahmankar

>

> Edited by: R Brahmankar on Jul 18, 2008 10:21 AM

i am using detailed scheduling. My FG strategy is 20, SFG is 10. In OPU5 i have already maintained this setting? what is the purpose of this?

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raf,

Scheduling :-Basic dates will be determined for planned orders or Lead time scheduling and capacity planning ?

Convert the plan order into the production oredr and then check the date again?

Or

Remove the strategy of SFG and create new plaaned order with Lead time scheduling and capacity planning and then check the date again.

Pls try this and come back.

Regards,

R.brahmankar