cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anybody know whats the system requirement for installing SAP in my home pc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

anybody know whats the system requirement for installing SAP in my home pc. I have p4 processor with 1 GB Ram. I can increase the ram to 2 GB. Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

YES ,

U can increase it to 2 GB, and it requires minimum 80 GB HARD DISK for 4.7 and 160GB for ecc6.0

cheers

rewars if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks yaar. I have 80 GB Hard disk. Do i need to increase the hard disk space?

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u want to instal 4.7 ee , then there is no need to increase.

u can comfortbly install

cheers

rewards if helpful

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already mention by SK, SAP version decide how much HDD you require.

P4 with

min RAM 1 GB.

min HDD for SAP 4.7 is 80 GB.

min HDD for SAP ECC 6.0 is 180 GB.

will do for you.

Look for Basis consultant who can do it for you.

From my personal experience, SAP 4.7 would be better choice if you are starting practising otherwise, SAP ECC 6.0 would be better if you have a feel of the system already..

Take care. JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Check your RAM , even for 4.7 version you need 1gb ram for better speed, 80gb sap only will occupy, for other storage you need to maintain another hard disk, or add new hard disk with your existing hard disk to make it 120 or 160, if its 6.0 then sap only occupies 6.0, then you need some more space for additional data, you cant browse internet on sap-server (which you installed), for internet and general purposed you need to seperate the hard disk, in case of 6.0 and you want to use both internet and sap you need to have 240-300GB HDD & 2GB ram, inter core2duo processor, 3.15ghz processor etc...and if its 4.7sap and other Operating system you need to have minum 160GB hard disk and 1gb RAM for better speed and access...

clarify if any doubts are there, system performance improves with good RAM memory...

reward if helps

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am just a starter in SAP. I just want to practice and study. So if

I increase the hard disk to 160 GB, is it okay? I GB Memory is enough ryt?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

FOR SAP 80 GB IS SUFFICIENT, 1 GB IS ENOUGH, U CAN INCREASE IT UPTO 2 GB, SO THAT THE SYSTEM PERFORMANCE WL INCREASE

WISH U ALL THE BEST FOR UR SAP STUDY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks yaar. Continue ur good work by helping Others. Congrats!

Answers (0)