cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping conditions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Shipping condition available in customer master and in the sales document type. why two shipping conditions needed. if needed what will be the use of these shipping conditions.

where exactly each shipping conditions are used.

points will be rewarded for the good answer.

thanks

Kuntla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kuntla

If you dont maintain Shipping Condition in customer master, then while creating sale order, system will propose shipping conditions from Sale document type.

Similarly, if you maintain in both (that is in customer master and sale document type as well), while creating sale order, by default, system will propose from customer master.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi murali,

Shipping conditions are used in shipping points determination and route determination, these two functionalities are dependent for deliveries. then shpping condition should be taken from the ship to party ,

any reasons.

thanks

Kuntla

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kuntla,

If the Ship to party is different from the sold to party your assumption is correct.The shipping conditions will be taken from the ship to party master to detrmine the route and shipping point.

But the ship to party will be entered in the sales order it self based on this all the data will be copied to the deliveries.

I hope Shipping point determination and Route determination are dependents for shipt to party but not dependent for deliveries.

I hope it will clear for you,

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still exact answer i did not find for this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kuntla

Reason-1

If you maintained shipping conditions in:

Sales document type (vov8) and Customer master data (from ship-to-party only).

System always should be taken from Sales document type (vov8).

1) Sales document type (vov8)- This is applicable for all sales orders which mens irrespective of customers.

2) Customer master data (from ship-to-party only)- This is only for puticular customer.

Reason-2

1) Sales document type (vov8)- This customization seeting is only in IMG part, which means user couldn't do this.

2) Customer master data (from ship-to-party only)- users can autorised to change it.

Reason-3

Q) Why use both areas means: Sales document type (vov8) and Customer master data (from ship-to-party only).

Ans) To determine deffernet shipping points (using differnet shipping conditions)

Note:

If you maintained shipping conditions in:

Sales document type (vov8) and Customer master data (from ship-to-party only).

System always should be taken from Sales document type (vov8).

Thanks & Regards,

Hari Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please note that the shipping conditions is populated from Sales document type and "Sold to" master record and not from "Ship to" record.

JP

0 Kudos

nice information and correct information, Tq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

always Shipping condition which is maintained in Sales doc type will override the Cus mas Ship condn.

this is provided to capture the following scenarios

1.when you do return process,System will pickup diff Ship.point

2.if you do the Rush order sales, system will pickup diff ship. point

thats,' all

veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gopal,

The shipping conditions are proposed by the customer master record. Should an entry have existed in the doc type config(VOV8), this entry would have taken precedence and overwritten those found on the customer master record. The shipping condition value is used to determine the shipping point.

Shipping points are determined based on Delivering Plant(in SO)+ Shipping Conditions(as explained above)+Loading Grp(from Material Master).

And the delivery process originates from Shipping Point.

I hope this is enough information.

Rgds,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI,

NO I DONT AGREE WITH LAXMIPATI.

system will first give the priority to Document type, if there is no shipping point maintained ,then only it will search customer master.

we can maintain two different shipping conditions , because we can change the shipping point in sales order

cheers

reward if helpful

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kuntla,

If you don't configur the shipping conditions in the document type system will take the shipping conditions from the customer master.

If you configur the shipping conditions in the document type

The system proposes shipping conditions from the customer master record.

The proposal from the customer master record is overwritten by the

shipping conditions that you define for a particular sales document type in Customizing. The entry from Customizing is considered as a default

value.

If no shipping conditions are set in Customizing for the sales

document type, the shipping conditions of the sold-to party are used.

Shipping condition in both places will be used commonly for

-->Shipping point determinatuion

-->Route determination

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lakshmipathi,

If i will maintain two different shipping conditions in customer and sales document type. when what is the behaviour , and why and what exactly the systme will take and the reason .

thanks

Kuntla