cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting webservice call / xMII-NetWeaver processing / Data Source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a problem where we cannot troubleshoot xMII's behavior from a webservice call.

For instance, if we make a call from an URL with bad credentials, the xMII always returns <Transaction Executed OK>.

We found a way to monitor the Database activity through SQL Profiler, but that only works when the actual call to the Webservice is 'perfect'. In other words if either the parameters passed or the credentials passed in the URL aren't 'good' we cannot monitor it through SQL Profiler which can only show us whether the call has had any activity tothe database server.

Basically can we get some kind of log file from either xMII or application/web server that would give ideas of what isn't working with our call?

The strangiest of all things is that no matter how 'unreal' the call to the webservice is, as long as you have properly stated the server & transaction the System always provide the same XML answer:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> 
- <Rowsets DateCreated="2008-07-17T14:45:38" EndDate="2008-07-17T14:45:38" StartDate="2008-07-17T14:45:38" Version="12.0.4 Build(120)">
- <Messages>
  <Message>TRANSACTION EXECUTED OK</Message> 
  </Messages>
  </Rowsets>

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you have Identified I am using the Runner with an URL to tap into the xMII transaction.

Here is a copy of the URL:

Link:http://<server>/XMII/Runner?Transaction=<Transactionproject/transaction>&OrderNumber=000001000780&Material=4013989100000&Quantity=20.745&BatchID=SP0410101&Operation=1020&TimeStamp=2008-07-16T22:06:22&IllumLoginName=xxxxxx&IllumLoginPassword=yyyyy

What system is responding to the URL? is it NetWeaver or xMII? Independently of who is answering, although I would like to see the log files, why am I always getting <Transaction Executed OK>

Thanks

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Martin,

You need to look in the NetWeaver logs for more information on the performance of the WS call. Use the same server and port that you connect to xMII, but strip off XMII and everything that follows it and replace it with nwa. Hit enter. That should put you into the NetWeaver menu and if you see Monitoring, then you have permission. Open Monitoring and select Logs and Traces. In there are the log entries to help you debug. I would do a search in SDN for help with configuring a custom view so the response time is much faster. Sam Castro has put out the details of how to do this so you may want to look for his SDN Message specifically. Or just play around with it. If you go that route, start with the General view named Last 24 Hours and go from there.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you handling exceptions in your transaction?

You can then make use of the XMII XML Output actions Fatal Error & Message to output any exceptions in a Illum Doc if your transaction fails.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike, do you still have the URL for this Sam Castro message?

Would you mind posting it here?

Thanks!

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eduardo,

Here you go:

Link:

My thanks to Sam for putting it together.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Mike!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Udayan says handling the Output of my transaction back on the SAP xMII Workbench side allows me to retrieve on the frontend (web) any sql errors.

Much better to trouble shoot.

Micheal's input was also very valuable as far as getting access to NetWeaver server logs.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's a bug - it should throw a 403 error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using Runner, please check the syntax once again.

Syntax:

http://server:port/XMII/Runner?Transaction=YourFolder/YourTransaction&OutputParameter=YourOutputPara...

where xxx,yyy, and zzz are input parameters.

Thanks,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

It seems as if you are using the 'Runner' to access xMII via an HTTP URL as opposed to accessing it via a WebService call (WSDL).

If you are using the runner url, it seems as if you are incorrecly passing the credentials. If credentials are being passed the proper way, and if you purposely specify incorrect credentials, I would expect that the result would be something other than 'Transaction Executed OK'.

Can you provide the full url that you are using and how you are passing the credentials?

Cheers,

Jai.