cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product View - Start and End dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a material that is externally procured from a vendor to a location. In product view, I have few purchase requisitions. When i double click on it, it takes me to the details of PR. I am trying to understand what start and end dates of the PR are.

For some PRs, the start and end dates are same but for some there are is some times a day or two and even 3 in some cases.

I am wondering what makes the end date differ from start date.

There is a safety day's supply of 2.5 days

We have a transportation lane with transportation duration 23hrs.

Any of these play any role in the end date delay?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think safety days of supply has anything to do with the start and end dates of the PR.

If the vendor location has been defined in the network and got created through a Purch Info record, you may want to check the time duration that shows up in the T Lane corresponding to the inforecord.

If the vendor location is not connected through a T Lane, it is typically determined through the Procurement Lead time defined in procurement tab of location product master.

if you are hourly duration, make sure the Time Zone setting in Product view (under the settings tab) is in sync with your our user logon time setting (System>User Profile>Own Data--> Defaults - under Personal time zone section) are in sync to make sure you are looking at correct consistent time. I would recommend that you change the product view time zone to say UTC and same for your own time - just for checking purposes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The vendor and the receiving location have a transportation lane defined.

What do you mean by the time duration that shows up in the T Lane corresponding to the inforecord?

Here are the times I see in transportation Lane;

Product Specific Transportation lane:

GR processing times (checked) : (No value defined) days

Planning Horizon: 0 days

Partner Horizon: 0 days

Horizon for Expctd receipts: 0 days

Horiz. Fut. Aval. Whse Stck: 0 days

Planned Delivery time: (No value Defined)

Means of Transport

Tsp. duration: 23 hrs

Bucket offset: 0.5

Period factor: 0.5

and no other times defined.

Are any of these effect the delay?

My ECC is EST and the timestream is EST. Should I change the product view (also my own data) to EST or UTC??

I have a product that has no delay between the start and end dates. The difference I see between the one that I am having problem (the start and end dates are apart ( I'm calling it bad one) by atleast a day) with and the one that has no delay(I'm calling this good one) between the start and end dates is the "Planned Delivery time.

The good one has 1 day and the bad one has nothing defined.

Does this make any difference?

Thanks.

Edited by: Raj G on Jul 17, 2008 3:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can somebody clarify me what the start and end dates mean in PR details and what could be the reasons for difference in these dates?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

The time calculation should happen in this way.

RRP3 view

*Destination*

P.req = OP.date + PDT(calendar days) =Delivery date +GR time = End date.

Note : your PDT includes (OP.period + Transportation time)

Sorce

P.req = Avilable date is equal to to your Start date at destination location,

Delivery date is equal to delivery date at your destination location (This is nothing but your transportation duration)

In MD04

Destination

P.req = Release date + PDT = Delivery date + GR time = Planned end date

Please calculate as per this logic and let me know.

Regards,

Prabhu