Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy and Version Management

former_member185931
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to Refresh my DEV System from PRD, we are using R/3 ECC6,

I am doing this copy by restore the back of PRD on DEV system and then Detach the DB and Attach the New copy of PRD.

It works fine in 4.6C, I have been doing this from PRD to QA regularly, but first time for PRD to DEV, I have also done the Refresh of BW 3.5 PRD to QA also in similar way.

Following are my questions.

1. How do I keep the Versions of my ABAP and other objects, is their a way to copy the version and restore it back after the refresh.

2. Do you think I will have problem If I am change my SID of DEV from DEV to DES during this refresh, I mean the Origin System of the object will be DEV so when I go for any change it will create a Repair Request. if yes then how do I change the Origin System.

3. If any other issue people has faced in doing this step which I should be aware of.

Thanks

Jagraj Dhillon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eek ... the dev environment should never have production sized traffic or be refreshed. That's the rule we have here. It's just too messy.

May I ask the reason behind this? Was there code in production that needs to be migrated backwards? You may be better off doing a manual code migration then a refresh ...

former_member185931
Participant
0 Kudos

We have purchased some new business outside US, and to make these business go live soon, we had used a client from one of our sister companys SAP DEV System, and now we have our own Production System, but combined DEV and QA systems. so now we want to build our own Separate Landscape.

We don't want copy to DEV and make our dev as that is some bad coding standards and we just want our own programs,

So we are coping production and make QA and DEV on separated new box and I wanted to keep the versions of our development objects.

The database is just fresh new installation so the PRD database size is less around 40 GB.

thanks

Jagraj Dhillon