cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZLOGIN_SCREEN_INFO & SE61

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created extra text on the SAP ECC6 sign on screen via SE61 as described in many places.

But this ends up being the same for each system in the landscape. What I would like to do is put the system name on each sign on screen to ensure the users know which system they are getting into i.e. utilise say, sy-sysid if I can as per a sapscript layout.

I've discovered that if I do this in SE61, then use the "Screen Output" button within SE61, all looks OK i.e. the system id shows and comments in the texts aren't. But when activated and I then go to the sign on screen, it shows as just text but the comments are also shown and the system name doesn't show i.e. &sy-sysid& shows as written.

Can I do what I need to do and if so, how do I get it to do that?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you use plain text and thats it?

I don't see the point in complicating things as simple as this.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

The simple reason for it is that several users have access to the test system.

And they have been known in the past to get the systems signed onto mixed up i.e. doing real work on the test system (not too bad except for time taken to repeat entries) or doing tests on the live system (not as easy to get sorted). We are in the process of moving from R4.7 to ECC6 and I gave users access to the test system after upgrade to view the new version so there would be no surprises on going live (this weekend actually). But one person actually entered quite a few sales orders onto the test system before he realised what was happening. And as the great Sod's law states, the ones he added were some of the largest orders at the time with dozens of lines on each and not simple one line orders. And as we use Variant Configuration entering an order is quite a time consuming effort.

So the idea was to put the system id on the sign on screen and then this potential problem will be harder to fall into. Nothing more, nothing less. The text actually there is very simple and precise but this addition (if possible) could make it a lot more effective and useful.

Regards

Jim

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I probably missunderstood you....

Follow SAP note 205487.

Thats should solve your problem

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem, Juan

I've already used Note 205487 and I've setup an icon OK. I guess it's not possible to pick up data from a system field as I would need to do to show the System id.

The other strange thing I noticed while testing the use of sy-sysid as a potential solution via sapscript type definition i.e. &sy-sysid&, was that using the "screen output" button on the toolbar shows different to what actually appears on the sign on screen itself when it is output from SAP logon.

As mentioned in the original note "Screen output" does show the System Id field as required but the screen doesn't i.e. it just shows the actual text in the setup as written. Similarly, comments I had entered for future developers did not show on the button press but did appear on the screen.

Is there a reason for the difference or have I not done something I should have? It could result in a few surprises if the Screen Output button output is taken as correct.

Regards

Jim

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as i know thats plain text so if you wat your SID to be displayed type just the SID and not &sy-sysid& avoid using any scripts.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan

I think I may have misunderstood something here as I thought it was a transportable change as opposed to change on the individual systems. So far, I've created the text on DEV and transported it to QAS. Hence the request for the sy-sysid contents.

But if it is changeable on each system, then that is a different matter. As you say i.e. I can put the relevant name plus possible other relevant text on each one.

Regards

Jim

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hehehe... it was a double missunderstood then...

Yes apply the changes in each system individually.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sticking with me on this one, Juan. Much appreciated.

But it still leaves the query re the button output compared to the "real" output. But now I am aware of this, I won't bother too much about it.

Regards

Jim

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its a matter of testing until it looks right

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again, Juan

Just to let you know that I have to go the Transport route. QAS & PRD won't let me modify via SE61 - only display (or cancel) allowed. I could, of course, use SCC4 but that will definitely be a last resort

Regards

Jim

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That a bit of an issue... You might have to open the system to do the changes.... Otherwise it will be difficult to personalize each one.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the time taken to reply each time, Juan. In the end I took the easy way out and didn't attempt to show the system id on the Sign on screen - I just put a message saying remember to check which system you are signing onto!! As this will only apply to a few people (most of the time) it shouldn't be a problem (most of the time).

Best regards

Jim