Role Expert Mass Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I get an error in RE mass import

1.When i run the Transaction /virsa/re_dndroles

should i enter the name of the text file as test.txt or "test.txt"

2. When I import the generated text file

Is it mandatory to include Role Expert Information File and Primary org level file?

I tried uploading only the Bulk Download File, and ran it as background, i got an import error.

Please help with your experience in Role Expert.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I have never seen an issue like this before. You can check the role type and confirm whether it has been imported as a single role or composite one. But if its a single role in backend then it wont be uploaded as a composite role until you make some changes to the RoleInformation.txt file. Try uploading a composite role and see the output.

Regards

Harleen

GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harleen,

It is single role that I have tried to import to RE. Also I have tried with another single role and no way, still seems like composite role. I have installed a composite role and Role type looks okay but no assigned single roles to composite role.

Now I want to check txt files.

1. I did not modify downloaded bulk text file. After importing this file which is including single role, role definition looks okay but no transaction and Role type looks like composite role.

2. There is a template Roleinformation.txt file, so I modified this file as described Configuration Guide. There may be something wrong with this file. If you have a sample roleinformation.txt file, could you please sent it to me? So I can compare these files.

Thanks,

Serdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed latest SP and problem fixed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed GRC 5.2 (FF, RE, CC, AE). I am doing some tests.I have a problem with Mass Role Import. The Bulk Download text file has been generated via /VIRSA/RE_DNLDROLES transaction, and I have created a Role Expert Information File.

I am trying to import to RE only one single role for test purpose.Import finishes successfully. But When I check the role it looks like a composite role but for sure it is a single role that I imported.

Did anyone face like this issue? Any idea?

Thanks,

Serdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1- Solution for Problem1-Go to SAP System>Execute SE38 and execute /VIRSA/RE_DNLDROLES Program>Select those roles which you want to download and define text file (.txt)-->execute it.

Now check downloaded txt file contains that role and its details.

2-For problem 2 yeah its is neccesary to select Role Expert Information File

Steps for Mass Role Import

Go to Role export > Configuration tab>Mass Role Import-->Select following data on the page:-

(i)Select source connector

(ii)Target System Landscape

(iii)Import Source : Upload from browser

(iv)Select Bulk Download File ( select that download file which you download using /VIRSA/RE_DNLDROLES Program in SE38 Transaction.

(v)Select Role Expert Information File :- Create one more file txt file this files contains following details :-

--Role Name<Tab>Business Process<Tab>Sub business Process<Tab>Project Release

Reference:- http://ipaddress:Port Name /RE/Help/VirsaHelp.htm.

Note:-In Role Expert Information File Role name is always same to that role name which you download from /VIRSA/RE_DNLDROLES Program and Business process ,Sub process ,project release names are similar as define in the Role Expert.

Please let me know if you facing any issues during Mass Role Import.

Regards,

Jagat

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you give there test.txt it enough.

After downloading the roles from r/3, have you checked it in a notepad?

Regards,

Faisal