cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FormCalc Master Required!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

I have posted several queries on here in the last few weeks, and most of the responses I have got back have offered me Javascript to add to my form to generate the effect I have requested...

None of these have worked, so as such on the recommendation of one the devs, as well as the official SAP Adobe Forms coursebook, i have decided to revert to FormCalc as my forms are all printed forms and the logic i require has only ever been basic!

I used the following statement attached to the form:ready event of a subform set with the script lang set to formcalc, and 'run at' set to server:

if ($record.GV_FORMNAME == "INVOICE")

//where GV_FORMNAME is a structure in the context with a value of either "INVOICE" or "CREDIT NOTE"

then TERMS.presence = "hidden"

//where TERMS is the subform within the set that contains the data to be hidden

ENDIF

It still doesnt work!! Am I missing something? A prerequsite that needs setting in SAP, or in the form or livecycle properties?

I've also tried to see if I can simply 'hide' the subform term by attaching the following to the subform sets form:ready event:

TERMS.presence = "hidden"

ENDIF

This also did NOTHING!

Help!!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue has now been resolved!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just send me your raw XML.

Former Member
0 Kudos

somebody must know!

30 odd forms completed by the 22nd Aug is beginning to look bleak!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried running the form outside the design environment (e.g. rendered trough a WebDynpro?)

You need to run it using the dynamic and enabled flags.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

This particular form is being compiled through Correspondence Request transaction F.64 in SAP.

After selecting a document number etc the form is compiled into a print preview.

Regards,

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan

Have you tried changing the "run at" property to client?

Thanks

Thashin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep!

Ultimately I have tried both script types, running at client, at server or at both, I've added stuff into the scripts that is supposed to generate a popup message box as recommended by the guys on here, but this doesnt even appear when the form is generated.

This leads me to believe there is something else that needs setting up somewhere.

The trouble is, I don't know enough about the setup of SAP or the way things are likely to be working behind the scenes to give you guys an accurate enough picture resulting in accurate answers!

All the SAP Devs/consultants on this project have no real Adobe Forms experience and it was decided the actual form design would be easy enough for a generic IT contractor to do. So it was decided that they draft in a couple of contractors of which I am one...

...the form design itself, now I have a decent grasp of Adobe livecycle, is indeed pretty easy, but I don't know enough about what goes on behind the scenes, and am not fluent in any programming lang, let alone Java...

...this makes things kind of difficult!

Regards,

Ryan