cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Server component of type library DC does not reference the jars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have 3 jar files that I would like to deploy to the app server using NWDI.

I did the following:

1. Created an external library project and added the jars to it's library folder.

2. Created J2EE Server component of type library and added the three jars from the first project under build path->Add Jars...

3. Did a build to these two projects which created an sda file for the J2EE Server component of type library one. the build of the library finished with one warning: "Warning: Source folder "server" does not exist and will be ignored."

The problem is that if I examine the sda inside it doesn't contain these 3 jars.

When I do this same process with local projects on the NWDS (the first one I select simple project and the second J2EE library) it's working and the sda contains the jars.

Obviously there is no point i deploying this empty sda.

Any ideas how to fix it? Do I need to add this dependency as a public part?

Roy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roy,

check this blog for adding external jars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Bala this really helped.

OK, I've followed the blog and now I get proper sda to deploy and I deployed it successfully.

My next question is: I have a J2EE web application (Not web dynpro) that needs to reference this library.

I have added to it's Used DCs the defLib part of the J2EE library project and checked the build time option, rebuilt it but the code has still got errors that it can't recognize packages that exist in this referenced lib.

Any ideas?

Edited by: Roy Cohen on Jul 18, 2008 12:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also noticed this.

The blog says:

First of all you have to check generated SDA file in <var>gen/default/deploy</var> folder. Verify that it contains <var>js.jar</var>. Now something interesting. Go to <var>gen/default/public</var> folder. You should find here <var>defLib</var> folder. Yes, NetWeaver IDE again created public part, this time it is <var>defLib</var>. And if you drill down to <var>gen/default/plublic/defLib/lib/java</var> then you meet <var>js.jar</var> file again.

In my case gen/default/deploy indeed contains the sda file and the sda contains the jars but when I go to defLib under gen/default/plublic/defLib I find that this folder is empty .

Could that be the case and if yes then why is it empty?

Roy