Kernel upgrade procedure in Windows
This is my first attempt at a kernel upgrade in Windows environment as most everything else is on the AS/400.
Anyways, my questions are: Is the kernel upgrade as easy as this?
1. Download the related kernel file. (*.CAR or *.SAR)
2. Unzip with sapcar -xvf *.CAR/SAR
3. Stop SAP service
4. Take the backup of old kernel located in \usr\sap\<sid>\sys\exe
5. Copy the new kernel to \usr\sap\<sid>\sys\exe\run
6. Now, start the SAP service.
No stopping of the database? No stopping of any other SAP services? Also, do I leave the existing file there and overwrite the existing files leaving the ones not in the new kernel or completely remove it and replace it with the file with only the new files?
I searched for a note on this but didn't find one. Did I just miss it?
Thanks for any help.