cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter fails to pickup the complete file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a file to idoc scenario configured.

Sender is an FTP server and the file type is XML

Here are the details of my file adapter

FTP Connection parameters,

Connect Mode : Permanently

Transfer Mode : Binary

Processing parameters,

QoS : Exactly Once

Poll Interval : 15 secs

Processing Mode : Archive

Most of the time my scenario works perfectly fine.

And sometimes my file adapter fails to pickup the complete xml file and my scenario fails.

The file is read partially and my mapping throws an error.

Am i missing any parameter to be set in File adapter???

Thanks in Advance,

BBnu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried any changes to this

file.processingLocked=YES|NO

Specify here whether files that are locked by other applications are to be transferred or not. The default setting is NO, meaning that only files that are not locked are transferred. In particular, this ensures that the adapter does not transfer incomplete files that are generated or transferred by other applications. Only change the setting to YES if you can guarantee that such data losses will not occur.

Sathish..

0 Kudos

Bbnu,

Did you try setting up the option for Msces to Wait Before Modification Check under Adv option? It would ensure that file is complete.

Hope it helps.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Where shoud we make this settings? 'file.processingLocked=YES|NO'

Is it in Additional Parameters of Sender File Channel?

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>The file is read partially and my mapping throws an error.

Thats the normal behaviour of XI,if you get a partial file,you will get a error message.

There are several work arounds for this,first of all have a script independant of XI which is running on FTP server,this script will keep on checking for modifications in file and once the file is completely written,it will rename the file to some other extension(for e.g .dat) and XI file adapter will only pick .dat file,this will make sure that only complete files are picked up.

Second option is to have a tag all the way in the end of XML which says EOF(of any other character),in your mesage mappin create the root node of target only if this last tag is EOF.Since in incomplete file you will not have this last tag,message processing will stop.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whats the probable size of the file . You can also set a retry interval and see if it wroks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in case the pickup of complete file fails -> do you see an error message in the component monitoring of the RWB?

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, I dont see any error in RWB. It says it has been processed successfully

Thnks & Rgds;

BBnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

one thing you could try is to set the poll interval to 60 secs (if it's ok with your requirements).

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had tried that as well.

But still i face the same issue....the only difference it makes is that I get that error less frequently but i still get it.

Rgds;

BBnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe it will work then with 600 secs?

Regards

Patrick