cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in sales order while checking preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have attached the same billing plan to the sales document type & the item category. The item category is for third party. "The billing plan is a milestone billing plan". I created the sales order & entered all details

Sold to party

Ship to party

Material

Quantity

I checked at the header level & the billing plan was determined

I checked at the item level & the same billing plan was determined. There was a tick also on "header billing plan". "The sales order is not yet saved".

When i click on "preview" icon to see the output, the system pops up a message box saying "maintain billing plan for sales document type or item category".

When i click on exit in the message box, the system takes me out of the sales order.

Then I tried out creating the same sales order & i saved it. In the change mode whn i clicked on "preview" to see the output, the system displayed the output without any message.

Please guide me as to why the system is not allowing to see the output in the create mode of the sales order.

With best regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Allabaqsh

Billing plans are controlled by item category. In Customizing for Sales, you can specify that individual item categories are relevant for order-related billing by means of a billing plan. You can also specify a billing plan type for each item category.

This could be the possible reason for you getitng an error.

You could also refer following link for more information

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/dd/560667545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

Thanks

Kalpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Everything is assigned properly. The same billing plan has been assigned to the Sales document as well as the item category. But still when i click on the preview, the system throws an error "maintain billing plan type for sales document type or item category". The date proposal has also been maintained for the billing plan.

Actually this error only comes in the Create mode of the sales order. When I save the sales order & in the change mode when i check the preview, the error does not come.

Please guide me as to what can be the root cause for the error in the create mode........checking the preview is the routine work of the end user to check the accuracy of the sales order before saving it.

Thanks & regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil.