cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository Login failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I start the MDM console and enter the MDM server name it takes. (Shows the green triangle-Running)

Then after clicking any of the repository (like Vendor), I enter the user name as Admin with no password. Then it throws the error

"Repository Login failed,please try again

Error: The server is no longer responding"

I have SQL server 2005 installed on my system. i have created an instance also in my database for MDM.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Jitender

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have also faced the same problem .. the solution is to

just start ur SQL SERVER... when ur SQL SERVER is not running it throws such type of ERROR.

regards,

JAY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jitender,

The repository login failed error can be due to a server problem so try the following:

- STOP and then Restart the MDM server.

- STOP and then Restart the SQL server either through Services .msc or through the program files

- It could also be due to the mismatch of the versions of your MDm server and the MDM console Gui taht you are using.So check and see taht you MDM server and the Guis should have the same version and patch build can slightly differ.

Hope It Helped

Kindly Reward POints If Found useful

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitender,

Check with the database that you are using, this error may occur if the Database is down.

Regards,

Parul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your replies.

I am just trying to restart the MDM server. I think I require Admin rights for that (Will get that soon from the concerned team)

Will try to follow your points and see. Lets hope I am out of this problem. Will keep you all updated.

Regards,

Jitender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have restarted the MDM server, But still I am facing the same problem. it still throws the same problem.

Please suggest me what to do now. If snap shot of the problem will help you, I can send in your contact ID.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Jitender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitender,

try to restart the whole machine. I had the same problem and that helped me.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

If you are doing this for the very first time, i mean if you have installed a new mdm server on to your database, you need to unarchive the repositories on to it. These repository archive files are provided by default. After unarchiving, you provide the user name "admin" or "Admin" (Please try whichever works).

If you are just mounting the repo on the server, then may be that someone has changed the password for Admin user in that repo.

Please try this, if even server restart is not working for you.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly, restart your MDM Database as well as MDM Server. if the problem still persists, unmount the repository and try mounting your Repository again.Now login with Admin user it should work. if problem still persists. Open your MDS.ini file, Corresponding to your MDM Repository, for Admin user put field Pwd = blank and then save it after just restart your MDM server to take changes made by you into MDS.ini file.

Note: Plz try using unmounting and mounting your repository.

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if Useful.....

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

May be this information helps. When I go in "mount repository" or "DBMS setting". A pop up comes for the DBMS server, login and password. When I browse in the DBMS server, it says that

"Error getting DBMS list- The Server is no longer responding"

The suggesting which everyone gave of mounting the respositories or archiving, unloading the respositories, all gives the same error "The server is no longer responding"

I have still not tried changing the MDS.ini file. Will try now.

Please provide suggestions.

Regards,

Jitender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to the SQL Server and open SQL Server Configuration Manager and then click on SQL Server 2005 Services. Check whether the SQL Server Agent and SQL Server are running. If not then start them.

-

Reward Points If helpful -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

You can try out various solutions:

1. You can restart your server.

2. After that repair your repository by verify-Repair option,say Load repository-with Update Indices Option.This will consider the changes made by repair option,n then load the repository.

3. If still, you are not able to load it, then you can try taking a back-up of your repository by Archiving it.

Un-archive the repository with a different name and check whether your problem has got resolved in the new copy of your repository. This can be used a test case.

4. Or you can see the log generated by clicking on the Logs table.

Hope it will help you.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards

Richa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jitendra,

Just restart your MDM server and then try to login into the repository.

I hope this will your problem.

TNR,

Saurabh...