Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Integration and iView Parameters

TimoScharmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have integrated my Web Dynpro to Enterprise Portal by using a iView.

Is it possible to define some static parameters in one of the available configuration arguments in the iView (e.g. ''pplication Parameters' or 'Configuration Name'), which can be processed in Web Dynpro? If yes, how can they be accessed using ABAP?

I want to define several iViews, which use the same Web Dynpro and control its behaviour using this parameter.

Does anyone have an idea?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

First of all you need to define the parameters in the webdynpro application. If not already done so then navigate to the inbound plug of the interface window (startup plug). Here you can add your own parameters (of type string).

Then navigate to your webdynpro application (parameter) tab and you should be able to drop down the list of parameters available from the window.

Now in the portal iView you can enter the parameter as you have defined in the window - e.g. if parameter was called myparam then the 'Application Parameters' in the iView would be myparam=hello

The SAP help file gives some clues to this - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/2f/e7574174c58547e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Now in the method HANDLEDEFAULT of the window you can access the parameter and do with it as you like.

Thanks,

Pete

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

Forgot to mention if you need multiple parameters then separate by &

e.g. myparam1=hello&myparam2=world

Thanks,

Pete

TimoScharmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, Pete! This works fine!