cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier Collaboration with SRM Bidding Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm looking at the SAP BIdding Engine with regards to supplier collaboration in the bidding process, my undertsanding is that SUS can be used for a single point of access for suppliers to submit their bids. I also understand that cFolders can be used to allow true collaboration in the bidding process i.e. review of bid, submit prices etc.

I have four questions around these scenarios

1. For collaboration in the sourcing process which is superior cFolders integration or SUS?

2. What is the advantages of SUS over cFolders in the sourcing process.

3. Could you use both products?

4. Can cFolders be used to pose questions from the supplier? i.e. a true sourcing process would usually be:

RFI > Supplier Info response > RFQ > Supplier pricing response

Cheers

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Both has diff purposes. C-folder purpose is information exchange in terms of drgs, attachments, discussion etc.

so kind of technical exchange

whereas SUS forms common window for suppliers for collaberating with buyer co. for BI they can submit the price & conditions.

So kind of commercial exchange.

Superiority depends on the perspective

2. SUS you can use for odercollaberation also

i.e. for PO/SA from MM or EBP ,suppliers can

send responce

send ASN

post confirmation

post invoice

3. Yes

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh, thanks for the repsonse.

If I understand correctly then I can integrate cFolders with the Bidding Engine to allow suppliers and the procurement department to provide supporting documentation for the bid.

The only benefit of SUS in the bidding process is a central point for the supplier to log in to submit their bids, if we're not using SUS already then there is no added value in just integrating this with the bidding engine unless we plan to use other SUS functionality.

Regards

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand correctly then I can integrate cFolders with the Bidding Engine to allow suppliers and the procurement department to provide supporting documentation for the bid. ---> Yes

The only benefit of SUS in the bidding process is a central point for the supplier to log in to submit their bids, if we're not using SUS already then there is no added value in just integrating this with the bidding engine unless we plan to use other SUS functionality.

---> Yes

BR

Dinesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas anyone?