cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Area - Delete and Renter in Customizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone advise this observation?

I deleted a sales area in configuration and later put it back. But it seems to hv strange impact when i start creating SOs with existing customer and material. System keep prompting the following error cos no plant was being proposed. Why is message suggesting i shd assign to a 'blank' DC as indicated below?

Thanks

Peter

Sales from sales organization, 1000 dist. chan., plant 1000

Message no. V1369

Diagnosis

Plant 1000 is not assigned to the sales area selected.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx All, i managed to resolve this 2 days back.

I found out it's dangerous to delete a sales area assignment and later put it back. It's will cause inconsistencies in the organization setup.

If any sales area been deleted, make sure we go back change the related SD configuration like common DC/Div setup as well.

Thanks

Peter

former_member70391
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Just for an interest, did u went through the steps what I mentioned above. Did it work. Is the problem resolved.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagaraj Kalbavi

former_member70391
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Just for an interest, did u went through the steps what I mentioned above. Did it work. Is the problem resolved.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagaraj Kalbavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

The message is saying i need to assign a plant to a ' ' or blank DC. How can this possible? It's a mandatory input when we assign plant to sales org/DC.

Pls advise further.

Thanks

Peter

former_member70391
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

Have you maintained this entry "Assign sales organization - distribution channel - plant". (Tcode OVX6).

Just check below transaction codes,

OVX5 , OX10, OX18, OVX3, OVXK, OVXA, OVXG, OVX6.

Possible some where basic assignment might be missing.

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagaraj Kalbavi

Edited by: Nagaraj Kalbavi on Jul 17, 2008 4:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plant can be determined in following order.

1.from customer material info records

2.material master

3.customer master

whenever u want to create a material,u have to give sales org,dist channel and plant in Organizational data..in ur case u deleted the sales area.so,the material u r entering in sales order will not contain proper assignment of sales org and dist channel..u go to mm02 ,recorrect the sales org and dist chan in organizational data..see the delivering plant in material master and customer master also...if u create a new material and use it in ur sales order u cannot see this problem..

reward points if helpful..

Regards...

Yogi...

former_member70391
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether you have maintained the step,

"Assign sales organization - distribution channel - plant" in SPRO-> EnterPrise Structure->Assignment->Assign sales organization - distribution channel - plant.

VA1 369 indicates that plant is not assigned to Sales Organization and plant. Please maintain the entry what i mentioned above and see whether it works.

Hope it resolves your issue.

Thanks & regards,

Nagaraj Kalbavi

Edited by: Nagaraj Kalbavi on Jul 17, 2008 3:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is not inter company sales document then i think no need of assigning plant to sales area..

In your case it seems to be you have not maintained plant in sales order..

Plant will be determined from customer master as first priority then material master as second priority then last manually in sales order..

So please check have u maintained any plant in customer master or not.. Even same with material master...

If not please give it mannually in sales order then try and let us know what error your are getting tehre...

Regards

sankar