cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in ECR/ECO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am hoping someone will be able to help me in this. Will try explaining what im doing.

I am trying to understand the following:

The way our comapany works, if some change comes to the part, we do the change and part number changes for all the parts above it. So say if there is a change on part c which is used under B n B used under A, so we change the part number for A, B and C. Which i guess shouldnt happen but for the short term we are sticking up with this.

The problem i am getting is that wen i create an ECR, after the change is approved, we create new parts n stuff as the part number has to change. N that we link with the ECR, convert the ECR ot ECO. but then as we not doing any chnage to that part, we are not able to link the Change Number with the parts and BOM's n all.

Wanted to know if i could do it....#

Im sure i would have confused a lot of ppl, but if someone is having some doubts, plz plz plz fo mail me on anujparashar@gmail.com so that i could try explaining the stuff....

Regards

Anuj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Anuj

I believe that change managment process is for any change with same part no

If you are changing part no for every change in part then its diffcult to track.

Even using change master also, you need to do object linking which wouldn't be possible if you are changing part no itself.

Only way which I can think of is parameter effectivity which can be customized and used for your requirement but I am not fully cofident that it will perform exactly wht you are expecting....

Try that ...Effectivity as material no and customize that as per your requirement

Best of Luck

Have fun

KAMAL

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj

I was not able to understand your questions. Can you just chart the questions step by step and what's the issue.

Cheers

Badri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Badri,

Well i will try explaining you the process flow.

any change comes across, we create new parts for that. which i know is not the right way or rather best way. but since we were using eMatrix as the PDM system before for the Change management and now business has decided to swicth over to SAP for various reasons, i am trying to replicate the eMatrix into SAP so that people dont have a drastic change when they move to ECR/ECO's in SAP.

Process flow which i drew out goes like this:

-Create the materials using our customised script

-Create documents, attach all the drawings n all to them.

-Create routing, BOM's n all.

-Create Change Master Request (ECR) and call off all the objects in the ECR for the tracibility and managing the documents n all.

- approve the ECR, and covert to ECO.

Now the problem is how system understands(I guess) is that ECR/ECO is the change so at ECO stage we are changing with reference to the change master but since initially our process is not right, we dont do anything in the ECO stage. Wat i wanted to do if possible is that somehow at the intial stage if we can create ECR and link the change number while creating the Objects, my problem will be solved. Coz right now it gives the following error message(which i guess is right) :

"OBJECT MANAGEMENT RECORD CANNOT BE GENERATED"

hope it makes some sense. Let me know your contact number if possible, will try explaining you.

Regards

Anuj

anujparashar@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

Clear. Since I have 8yrs exp in eMatrix I know what you mean. As far as I know in eMatrix first you create ECO object and relate the objects or BOM change. Then using the grahpical screen you accept individual changes are not.

So its almost the same. The only thing I could find out is may be you can use the type change Master instead of ECR/ECO. or else you have to create and ECO get the number. LAter on go to every individual object that is changed and enter the change number in the change mode.

Here is all the information you can get about ECM.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/d8/731ef04b7511d1894b0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

The only way to perform the steps you want is create a seperate table store all the object changes and then update the change number field.

Here is another way of doing it using workflow trigger the creation of ECR where you get the Change Number.

2. When you use the script to create/change materials add the change number to it.

Hope this helps. I will do some more search on this

Cheers

Badri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

If your problem solves by linking the change number to the objects during creation itself.

As per my understandings:

Your Material Master, DIR & BOM has to get linked with a single Change Number which keeps in track and binds all these Objects too.

You have to put "Check" / Make Change Number Field Mandatory in all these creation screens/Transactions.

i.e <b>in MM01, CS01 and in CV01 the change Number Field should be Mandatory and then validate these field with each other for calling the same change Number into related objects.</b>

More Clearly:

1. When you try to create a MM01 it should ask for Change Number,

So you create Change NUmber first using CC01 not CC31

then Create MM01 using Change Number,

2. During creation of DIR i.e. CV01N it should again ask for the Change Number

use the same change Number or make a validation check against the Material master Number & DIR Number and use the same change Number

Similarly for all required Objects.

Hope this Hints will help you solve your problems/Issue.

Regards

Rehman

<b>Reward Your Points</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..

Can you please tell me what is Ematrics all about..

can you please tell me

How to integrate XI and E-Matrix?

What is the adapter to be used? Do we need to create adapter modules for this case? Is any third party adapter involved?

The problems that can happen during the integration (both from XI and E-Matrix).

thanks

shakif