cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding navigation from Interface View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am trying to pass data from one component to other component via exposing the interface view controller of second component to 1st component via Used Webdynpro Component concept.

I am able to navigate from one component view to 2nd component view with the action of fireplug from 1st to 2nd. but i am not able to do

vise versa.

What i got, after embedding the 2nd view in the 1st component window, inbound plug is created automatically. If in the same view(embedded interface view) i try to place out bound plug i m not able to do. how to get this navigation from 2nd view to 1st view.

Please help me out.

Regards,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to Interface view of your 2nd component and create an OutPlug there. you can see a default inbound plug there due to which you are able to navigate to 2nd view.

After creating out plug build your component to make the changes take affect.

Now create a button on click of which you will navigate to 1st view.

But you will not get this plug in you view controller of 2nd component as default. to get it, put interface view controller as required controllers under Properties tab of your 2nd view.

Now onAction of button put this code

wdThis.wdget<view nameWindowInterfaceView>().wdFirePlugOut();

Now build and deploy 2nd component.

You can get out plug in second view in navigation modeler of 1st component.

create an inbound plug in 1st view and make a navigation link.

you will be able to navigate back

Mandeep Virk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am creating two component in the same project. The posted suggestion will work for this scenario also.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah to pass data or navigate between two components you have to follow same approach

Mandeep Virk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks alot to all for your valuable suggestion. Problem got solved.

Regards,

Deepak

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

If you dont want to use view set in the window insert the interface view directly. The problem comes when you want to navigate back to the View1. If you want to navigate back the problem will be how to trigger the outbound plug of the interface view isnt it? The ans here is got the interface view of the View2 and add an out bound plug. This will enable an out bound plug on the interface view. Once done write the like

wdThis.wdGetIntrefaceControllerView.wdFireplug();

Kind of code then your back button will work fine.

Please let me know if there is any questions. If you are stuck i have a step to step procedure for it ill give it to you.

Regards,

Arun.

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi deepak,

I didnt work on it but giving just an idea....

till now you did....

i am trying to pass data from one component to other component via exposing the interface view controller of second component to 1st component via Used Webdynpro Component concept.

I am able to navigate from one component view to 2nd component view with the action of fireplug from 1st to 2nd. but i am not able to do
vise versa.

What i got, after embedding the 2nd view in the 1st component window, inbound plug is created automatically. If in the same view(embedded interface view) i try to place out bound plug i m not able to do. how to get this navigation from 2nd view to 1st view.

now to do vis versa you have to do all this things for other component. I mean expose 2nd component via Used WD component concept. now embed 1st view in 2nd component window. just reverse of what you did till now.

and take a view set where in first view area show the first navigation, and in the second view area of view set show the second navigation.

Am I clear?

PraDeep

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi deepak ,

u cant navigate back to the first component but u can acheive this .

while adding the used component , set the lifecycle as manual.

so that before navigating to the other componentB create the componentB and use the button action to come back to the original component by deleting the componentB .

u can get more details from this blog ....

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8748] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I went through the link, they are using Viewset but i don't want to use in that way.

What i want is at a time one view need to display in whole window after clicking the button i want to navigate to the 2nd view of the used component. and from this 2nd component i want to navigate back to the 1st component view.

Regards,

Deepak