cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Master - Sales Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone advise why SAP allows customer master to be created for sales org w/o need to specifying the distribution channel and division in VD01?

Shdn't sales area entries be mandatory at VD01? What's the rationale behind this?

Thanks

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Peter

Go to IMG Path -- Enterprise Structure --> Consistency Check --> Check enterprise structure for sales and distribution. T.Code OVX8 and execute.

If your configuration is not in line with standard, you can see the relevant errors here. Check that.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, peter

if we think generally when we are creating customer master it is only required to know that perticular customer belongs to which salesorg. when& only when he given an order for a product then only divison and dist.chnl on shipping comes into the picture.(customer belongs to a salesorg not to divison, based his purchsing tothe distr chnl.

i hope i did need full

...best regards

rayal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx All, i managed to resolve this 2 days back.

I found out it's dangerous to delete a sales area assignment and later put it back. It's will cause inconsistencies in the organization setup.

If any sales area been deleted, make sure we go back change the related SD configuration like common DC/Div setup as well.

Thanks

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

there's no error in sales area setup, system still allows me to proceed to subsequent screen with juz sales org value.

Thanks

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

If sales configuration is done properly for that sales organization i.e. sales org is assigned to company code and sales area is created with that sales org and DC and div then system will not allow you to proceed further. You should be getting error message "Sales Area <your sales org> is not defined for customers". Check your SD config.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why's SAP allowing empty values for DC/Div in VD01? Does not make sense since we need to hv a valid sales area while creating SO.

In configuration, u cannot allow empty DC and Div when setting up a sales area.

Thanks

Peter

alpesh_saparia3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your sales is setup properly in OVXG then system will stop you in the first screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi peter,

the distribution channel and the division are not made mandatory in the VD01 Screen hence you will be able create the customer .

try creating the sales order with this customer , in the sales order it will ask for the distribution channel nad the division . You will not be able to save sales order without them

Since you can extend a customer to various sales area , hence the distribution channel and division is not made a mandatory field in the customer creation .

regards

Aditya .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu

i am able to save the customer master record with juz sales org value, which i find very puzzling.

Thanks

Peter

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai

For any sales order creation sales area is a must. In your case suppose if it allows you to proceed to next screen by entering only sales org it means sales area will be taken from sold to party

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is strange. I entered only sales org but leave blank for DC and div, system allow me to go into subsequent screen. Can we set the sales are entries mandatory somewhere?

Thanks

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

It allows you to go for subsequent screen but will not allow you to save if you want to create sales information for the customer

So control is very much there for the sales area

Manu

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Customer Master can't be created without SALES AREA in VD01.

As without sales area your sales can't take place.

Take care. JP.