cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

db_block_checksum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In one of my system, there is a warning in brconnect check with regard to db_block_checksum :

-

BR0978W Database profile alert - level: WARNING, parameter: DB_BLOCK_CHECKSUM, value: TRUE (<> FALSE)

-

I had check db17, the setting value in FALSE. So i assume that if the parameter in the db is set to TRUE, i will get this warning message. In oracle when i "show parameters db_block_checksum", the return value is TRUE

My question is

1) This same setting applied to all my other 7 servers. However, i only get this warning in one of the server, what happen to other servers? Why this warning does not appear in the other servers?

2)In OSS, SAP recommend the value to be set to FALSE so that it will not cause any performance issue. How do I set the value from TRUE to FALSE?

Regards

Lauran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont really get what you mean

In Db17, my value is already set as FALSE. This setting apply to all my others server and is activated

Regards

Lauran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

did you examine this oss note:

Note 923919 - Advanced Oracle block checking features

"Turning off this feature is up to each customer. SAP recommends in the standard parameter notes to enable checksums by removing the db_block_checksum parameter from the parameter file so that the default 'TRUE' is taken."

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

alter system set db_block_checksum=<value> scope=both;

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then check your spfile as the value must be set to TRUE.

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the parameter is right... then just go to DB17, mark DB_BLOCK_CHECKSUM and change the condition from TRUE to FALSE... save it and the alert wont happen anymore.

Why this warning does not appear in the other servers?

Either the condition is already marked as FALSE or the condition just doesn't exit

Regards

Juan