cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII integration with Simatic PCS7 and Simatic Batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to get the data from Simatic PSC7 and Simatic Batch in SAP xMII.

I know connectors like UDC,OLEDB are available.But how can I achive this?

Are Simatic PSC7 and Simatic Batch OPC Complaint ?

If so,can I integrate both to the Simatic Historian?

And plz let me know the Simatic Historian can be connected to xMII through UDS?

Help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have still some doubts around this particular question, so i want to reopen this question

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your initial queries did you try contacting SIMATIC support. or some SIMATIC forums for that matter?

I suggest do that first , once the technical aspects of SIMATIC are determined rest would be easy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

I came to know that SIMATIC BATCH is OPC Complaint and plant configuration is done through S7-400.

And from there through thirdparty softwraes like OPC Collectors and Historian we can connect to MII from the available standard UDS connectors.

But Can I connect SIMATIC BATCH to xMII directly through any Standard connectors without thirdparty softwares?

Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not aware of any standard connectors specifically for SIMATIC BATCH.

In my opinion you will have to explore the OPCDA & HDA UDS' (4.0 is recommended).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simatic Batch has a COM-based API, but you would need to "wrap" that in a web service (should be fairly trivial using Visual Studio and .NET) to invoke it from MII. Also, Simatic Batch can export its batch history and batch reports to an XML format that could easily be read by MII.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Thanks a lot..

Yes u r right, Simatic Batch returns in XML output, so that it will be easy for the MII to get the data.

Thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rick,

I want to explain the scenario completely.

In my current application I have 3 layers.

At toplevel I have SAP R/3 4.7C, next level SIMATIC BATCH and at the low level PCS+DCS.

I'm sending the data to SAP R/3 from SIMATIC BATCH using webservices and in XML.

But the above scenario is not happening on Real-time basis.

So I want to introduce MII inbetween SAP R/3 and SIMATIC BATCH to send the data on Real-time basis.

In your earlier answer u explained we can get the Historical Batch Reports through XML. Is it on Real time basis?

Is it possible that using MII as a middle interface for SIMATIC BATCH,can I send the reports to SAP R/3 on Real Time basis?

Your help is needed to clear my doubt.

Regards

Suresh

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Historical Batch Reports are one step removed from real time. How often do you want to update SAP? You should be able to update SAP in near real time which is probably good enough. SAP itself is never really real time. It is not supposed to be. So figure out how often you want SAP to be updated and use that to schedule a job to run that frequently. There are other ways to accomplish this task as well. Maybe Rick or someone else will chime in with suggestions.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you'll need to contact Siemens for the specifics on the various API's and interfaces.

Rick

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try a search for this year and last year on "Simatic". There are a couple of message that may answer some of your questions.

Mike