cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Sample - Automatic Generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have generated a Sampling Procedure with Inspection Points as Sample management and Sampling Type as Sampling Schemes.

After having the sampling procedure got generated, I have assigned that in Quality Plan of the material.

When I do manualy generate a lot for that Material with Inspection type 01, lot gets generated without Physical sample.

How to make the Phy.Sample generation automatic. Please guide me.

Thnx in advance

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

To generate the inspection lot you would be running QA01, correct?

So now in after assigning the inspection lot to the lot in the Inspection specification, click on the last tab "SAMPLE" and click on the "Smpl.", button that will calculate sample as weel as create physical samples.

Hence the lots are already created so to do the same you have to go run trx QA02, and there it this don't work, pls revert with the Error message details.

If you are using material specification here (QS61) then it wont work for you> Normally material specification doesn't generated physical samples, to generate them you need to use inspection plan (QP01)

Regards,

Shyamal

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Jul 17, 2008 6:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshi,

Thnx for the reply.

I have generated QP01 for the Material and assigned MIC&Sampling Procedures.

Now, I use QA01, inspection type as 01. As you said, after entering the lot size in QP01, system automatically calculates Sample Size (displyed in Sample tab). But I am not getting the Physical Sample.

Is there any way to find out whether P.Sample got generated or not.

Thnx in advance

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

- You need to create a SDP (trx QDP2). Where you have to define what kind of physical sample categories you will sample? i.e. Primary, Pooled and Retain. (Let me know if you are not much aware about SDP creation, I will give you steps, to create simple SDP to testing purpose only, Or for testing purpose assign any one STD, if available)

- In QP01 header there is a field name "Inspection Point" you need to enter 200 over there.

- In the field below the inspection point asks for the SDP, field name is "Sample-drawing proc." so assign the SDP you have created as I have told you above.

Noe it will work perfectly.

Regards,

Shyamal

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Jul 17, 2008 6:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Joshi and Ashok,

I have not assigned the Sample-drawing procedure in QP01. After assign the Procedure, I am getting the P.Sample.

Thnx a lot

Sam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

have you defined the sample size in sampling procedur?

-ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ashok,

I have assigned the sample calc procedure in QDV1. So I am getting Sample size in QA01 (sample tab)

Regards

Sam