Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring background jobs in APO DP

eivind_kolderup
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all

we perform several tasks (macros, statistical forecast) as background jobs. There is a high number of CVCs processed and the spool is quite long (i.e. 400 pages). When reviewing the spool, there might be that the task is not performed correctly for 10-15 CVCs and that we get a red light for these 10-15 entries. It is quite cumbersome to find these red lines in the spool consisting of 400 pages.

Do you have any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Eivind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best way to write a ABAP(SE 38) program to differentiate the Errors for Statistical Forecast and Macro execution and assign the Background JOB for the Same.

Regards,

Rajesh Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a query using SQ1. Tables you need are /SAPAPO/LISMAP and /SAPAPO/LISLOG. The query can help you to sort or order the jobs based on the status message type and many other parameters.

Best Regards,

Ivo Stoyanov

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

look at the results using /sapapo/mc8K and pick the relevant job

in this view you can switch off the green light and get only the erring ones

eivind_kolderup
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer. A short follow-up question: If the job is started remotely as part of a BW process chain, I do not see the log in /sapapo/mc8k. Do you have an idea on how to deal with the issue in such a situation?

Best regards

Eivind

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can look at the log from the process chain itself.

Right click the job on the process chain -> Displaying Messages->Batch Monitor->Spool. This should now bring you the spool list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

as far as i know, you may not be able to see the MC8K view form the process chain. you can only get the spool from the process chain