cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD installation - Initial Data Collect ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed the SMD on several machines already, SP13 and NW2004 are used. When I try to configure the production system, I get this error:

Initial Data Collect ERROR for host sapbp5a0.agfa.be

!! Exception : Thu Jul 17 13:57:39 MEST 2008 | storeHost(...):Host [][sapbp5a0][10.233.9.188][/usr/sap/BP5/]:Cannot insert/update the host '[IHost: key=1216295859558156, hostName=sapbp5a0, hostFullQualifiedName=, serverName=sapbp5a0, ip=10.233.9.188, agentHostName=sapbp5a0, agentFullQualifiedName=sapbp5a0.agfa.be, agentIp=10.233.9.188, path=/usr/sap/BP5/, pathName=null, SmStatus=U, creation=Thu Jul 17 13:57:39 MEST 2008]'! Please see log for next error(s).

We (I) know we need to input the hostFullQualifiedName somewhere, but we cannot find the place to put it. Can anyone please give us a clue to where we need to put this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

First you need to go to the transaction SMSY_SETUP,and then you need to select SYSTEM AND LANDSCAPE DIRECTORY(SLD). Then you need to select the menu GOTO , then select SLD User Maintenance ,There you need to give the fully qualified Host Name, and also a user name and its pass word. (Username should be RFC enabled,)

Hope this would solve your problem,

Varghese

Edited by: varghese oommen on Jul 17, 2008 6:03 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi david,

I think you need to maintain this file also int that case.

The path for the particular file is C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc . in the etc folder you need to maintain the host file.

Please do check the file and provide the fully qualified host name.

regards,

Varghese

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you for the input, but I think I gave too little information. Let me elaborate:

The monitoring system we are using is YP5, the monitored system is BP5. On BP5 is where the problem is situated. I installed the SMD according to the SAP specs and now I am at the end of the installation, just before installing the Wily.

I log on via http://sapyp5a0.agfa.be:55100/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcsmdnavigation/SmdNavigation to setup the final things (collection of data and so on, running Wily, ...) and this is where I get the error, after I entered all the correct information.

We checked the SLD settings in ABAP and everything is connecting as it should.

Anyone has any more ideas where we could look?

Edited by: David Liekens on Jul 17, 2008 3:43 PM