cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine Oracle schema name from scripts on solaris

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running our SAP systems on Solaris 10 / Oracle 10g.

I'm looking for a way to determine the oracle schema's of the instances through a shell script.

I have no need to logon on the database, I just want to know the schema name used by each instance.

For ABAP stacks I "query" the env. variable dbs_ora_schema of the user (typically <sid>adm ) running the SAP instance.

But for JAVA stacks I have no clue where to find the information. SAP java is able to start so it must get its information from somewhere.. I just hope it's not some encrypted file.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kris,

the schema information is stored in the secure store properties, but it is encrypted.

Path: /sapmnt/<SID>/global/security/data/SecStore.properties

Value: jdbc/pool/<SID>

You can decrypt / change this with the config tool.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although my problem is not solved (and it does not look like it can), Stefan answered my question ... awarding 10 points.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would sure hope are systems are up and running :). In fact I'm 100% sure they are up and running.

So the answer is that from a script there is no possible way to determine the java stack database schema ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that is standard convention, but I don't want to rely on what should be, but activly determine what exists in the real world.

In reality almost all of our QA systems don't follow this conventions. They are system copy's of our production systems and as a result their dbschema = SAP<Prod SID> for the abap stacks and SAP<Prod SID>DB for the java stacks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

are you shure that your Java systems are up in the copies? I would assume not. The schema could be found in secure store, but this could not be read by your script.

Regards

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

normally the schema is SAP<SID>DB (replace <SID> by the system id). Java engines has to be migrated with SAPinst, therefore you could rely on this. At least if you run on a supported system.

Regards

Ralph