cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AE 5.2: Same role different system different business process issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the assistance thus far, its been really helpful and useful.

I have another question, we are implementing at a client, using roles tied in to a functional

area and business process. Our approval works at "functional area owner" and "role owner" level.

We have setup CUP to provision to 9 systems which is working. Of those 9 systems, 2 of them are identical

in structure, i.e. the same functional areas, business processes, and role names except that they provision to

different systems.

The functional area and business process names are different (as they point to different systems) but the role names are

identical. We have been having difficulty uploading them into CUP as they keep overwriting each other when we use the role

import template and uploading per system. We have overcome that issue by uploading the role name and including both system

names and functional areas on one template. This is also working, however we are not able to specify the business process name.

This doesn't affect our approval process, however when the initiator searches for a role, he/she will not be able to specify a business

process name. My question, is it possible to upload a roles (with the same names), specifying functional areas and business processes

together? If this is possible, how do we do it?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodger,

to my knowledge it is not possible to have roles with the same name configured with different attributes.

The roles might be listed individually by system, but if you go into edit mode, you will edit the attributes for all systems at once. Therefore, there's also no way of uploading it the way you need.

You can assign roles to multiple functional areas, but this won't solve your problem I suppose.

The only thing I can think of is renaming the roles by system, so you can also differentiate the attributes like BP or Functional Area.

Regards

Daniela

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rodger-

You can always upload the roles, and change/add the Functional Area and BP after your upload them manually. Search for the role, and click on change. Then you can manually change/add Functional Areas and/or BP in reference to that role. You can even add systems to that role, if you so choose...

Ankur