cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicating HR data from ECC (5) to SRM (4.6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently using program RHALEINI to replicate Employees from ECC to SRM. This is done with a transfer mode of 'Insert (Create) for Complete Transfer'. This has been running like this ever since our SRM system has been implemented. This takes an age to run (overnight), and is now impacting on our other jobs.

Can anybody please explain exactly (step-by-step-) what I need to do to run this for changes in the HR Org Structure only (delta)?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am pasting extract from the standard doc for yr ref

on this issue

BR

Dinesh

5.2.6 Replication of modified data

After the initial setup of the organization model, you have to distribute the changes. This can be done via change pointers. Every change is creating a change pointer. A report then collects all these change pointers and creates IDOCS that will distribute these changes to the relevant systems.

How does the system know to which systems the changes have to be distributed?

The system is simply checking the entries in the distribution model and is using all the settings there. This means that it is only distributing these changes to the connections in the distribution model that have an entry for message type HRMD*. In addition, this means that the distribution is done with the same filter settings as for the initial distribution. The IDOCS will be sent in the UPDATE-mode. Thus, it is not deleting the whole object. However, it is deleting the entries for the particular infotype that has been changed, and is creating the new entries for this infotype. (For more details about the update mode see: Replicating changes in the attributes.)

In order to activate the distribution via change pointers you have to maintain the following customizing steps: Application Link Enabling (ALE) u2192Modeling & Implementing Business Processes u2192 Master Data Distribution u2192 Replication of Modified Data u2192 Activate Change Pointers for Message Types

In the first step, you have to activate the general creation for change pointers. In the second step, you have to activate the creation for the specific message type (which is HRMD_ABA for releases 4.6C and above).

Then you have to schedule the job RBDMIDOC, which is creating the IDOCS. This can be done in the customizing at: Application Link Enabling (ALE) u2192Modeling & Implementing Business Processes u2192 Master Data Distribution u2192 Replication of Modified Data u2192 Creating IDOCS from Change Pointers u2192 Schedule Job.

Please check the documentation for this customizing step.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for such a prompt and informative response. I did everything that you said, and after I ran RBDMIDOC I could see that an IDOC was created for the change that we made in the HR Org Structure. But, after running RHALEINI (in Update mode), the change was not reflected in SRM.

Sorry for my ignorance, but can you tell me how/where you would monitor what is going on, and any suggestions at all would really help.

Again, your help is highly appreciated!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Execution of RBDMIDOC itself should post the IDOC with the change to SRM

is it not happening at yr end?

Did you check for the corresponding IDOC in SRM in WE05 after execution?

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

I will try another test on Monday (I'm not really supposed to be working today - Annual Leave). I did not realise that execution of RBDMIDOC itself should post the IDOC with the change to SRM. I ran RHALEINI straight after it, so I picked up a load of other stuff also.

I am finding your assistance invaluable, so I will keep you informed of my progress asap on Monday.

Again, thanks alot for your help - highly appreciated!

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

It does look as if it is working - your help has been invaluable. Obviously I have to do alot more testing, but it does seem to have worked (i.e. I made a change to a user in the the HR-Org structure in R/3, ran RBDMIDOC, and the change was reflected in SRM).

I am new to this (posing questions in a forum), so I'm unsure of what I should do. I will try to give you your reward points.

Cheers,

John