Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll-out project implementation issue

szabolcs_domb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

This issue might have already been turned up but couldn't find any related threads.

We have created our template project, set up the structure, added project documentations (11MBs converted to PDF ), training materials, everything seems to be ok here.

Now we have to create our first implementation project based on the template. Template is defined and is public (visible), Global Rollout Functionality is activated. The issue is, when we cretate the implementation project the structure is copied from the template, even the training materials can be seen in SOLAR02, but none of our blueprint documents are copied to the roll-out project.

Have you ever faced such situation before? Do you have any clue where to find the root cause of this?

thanks in advance for your replies

Szabolcs

Edited by: Szabolcs Dombó on Jul 17, 2008 1:26 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Szabolcs,

I assume you have taken care of 'Attributes' assignment carefully.

Where did you store the 'Blueprint' documents ? I assume you should have (rightfully so) used 'General Documentation' tab.

If so, you will indeed get to see them in General Documentation tab in Implementation Project too.

The only 'tab' where the inheritance from Template to Imp. Project go missing is in Graphics tab.

I am sure this seems more like a glitch somewhere and should be resolvable.

A quick word of suggestion - can you ask your project team to NOT use this newly created Implementation Project till you fix this issue over the next couple of days. In the worse case scenario, you may have to spin off a new imp. project. 'Compare and Adjust' across the whole structure is a painful manual affair.

Best regards,

Srini

szabolcs_domb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivasan,

We have created our documentations from the scratch, hence the docs are stored on the Project Documentations tab. (As I understand on General Documentations tab we could find SAP standard documents, is that right?)

Attirbutes are set for 'P' (Standard Partial) and 'C' (Standard complete). I'd assume that attributes only affect the way whether the structure of business processes can be changed or not during implementation.

Thanks for the suggestion - the fact is that we are in rush as always , and I beleive that my colleagues have already updated the implementation project, unfortunaltely, but this is our problem

Szabolcs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a template project the documents are meant to be stored in u2018 General documentationu2019 tab and not the u2018 Project documentationu2019 tab. Only then these will be available for implementation projects referencing this template. You would find SAP standard documents in u2018 Gen docu2019 tab in case of scenarios chosen from the BPR.

It would be an ABAP effort to get the dox to the u2018Gen docu2019 tab. As Srinivasan has suggested , not sure whether u2018 Compare and Adjustu2019 would work for u2018 Proj docu2019 tab.

Thanks.

-

Kathir

szabolcs_domb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Kathir, thank this explains everything.

We will transfer all docs from 'Project docs' to 'General docs' tab (I think we will do it manually - the ABAP effort looks to be the same as manual activity to copy each document one-by-one).

points granted.

thanks and regards,

Szabolcs

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below mentioned is the details of using the SOLMAN for template rollout project. Hope this helps you.

The process of setting up and using the template in projects involves two or more individual projects. The first project is referred as "Master Project".

For Master project: Global Program Setup(Project Preparation)

- Create a master project. this must be of project type template since this will allow the packaging of reuse elements.

- Create the required number of templates(with in master project). At this stage, these templates are empty packages.

- Select standard scenarios as a starting point to build business scenarios in the master project, in the same way as for a normal project.

For Master project: Global Buisness Blueprint

- Detail standard scenarios to customer specific solution structure

- Assign template(s) at the scenario level of the customer specific solution structure

- Set global attributes to determine global/standard/harmonised/local processes

- Describe global business and technical requirement.

==========================================

Reuse of template at local rollout site

Project Preparation:

- Create a local "rollout" project. This can be either an implemetation project type or can itself be a template project type if you may need to reuse sections of this project in its own right.

- Select one or multiple templates and related scenarios in the scope tabbed page.

Note: there is no direct relationship between the templates choosen here. In other words you can attach tempalte form multiple other "master" projects, which may have no other relationship to one another.

Business Blueprint:

- The contents of the templates which have been attached to the "roll-out" project appears as elements of the project structure.

- Processes defined as global attributes with in the template area dopted wholesale with no changes.

- Adapt harmonised and local processes to local specific requirement(such as enhance process scope).

- Document local specific requirements of harmonised or local processes.

- Add further local specific structure elements as required and document.

Hope this help. Pls assign points.

Rgds

Manish

szabolcs_domb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

thanks for replying. I can't reward you with points since in your comment you depict the way how to use roll-out implementation projects, but these are clear for us.

Now, we have a particular issue, for which we are seeking for an answer (if there is any... ).

Szabolcs