cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter: how to change filename

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In my scenario I need to add specific time stamp (current date actually) to filename when it's copied to target system. In the properties of file adapter there is an option to add time stamp, but I need it to be in format YYMMDD.hhmm, while XI default suggests another one. How can I solve the problem? Use variable substitution or m.b. dynamic configuration? In addition want to say that there is no any mapping in the scenario.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally mapping was allowed. So the date was generated during mapping stage, it was used with variable substitution and deleted from target msg in content conversion.

Thank you all!

Former Member
0 Kudos

A XSLT/Java mapping can solve ur problem

No need of any Graphical Mapping

Java Mapping of Adapter-Specific Message Attributes

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/09b16006526e72e10000000a422035/content.htm

XSLT Mapping of Adapter-Specific Message Attributes

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/03fe1bdc7821ade10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitriy,

pls do chk this links

do g with dynamic configuration

Regrads

Sampath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better to with Dynamic Configuration in Mapping itself.

Override the file name in the Mapping and get it at the receiver side using Variable Substitution.

If you are with XI 3.0 SP =21, then just click the chekbox of File Name in the Receiver CC. it will automatically get the file name and store it to the target dir. (with the same name that you gave in Mapping using DC)

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry missed to read that you are not using any Mapping.

Then in this case, it is better to use AM at sender side and override the sender file name.

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check these blogs

Dynamic File Name Part 1

Dynamic File Name Part 2

Thanks

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer the below blog to deal with dynamic filename.

Thanks

Sudharshan

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U cant use dynamic config as there is no mapping. In variable substitution, accessing the date in ur required format seems to be a problem. U can write an OS script and change ur filename at that moment

Regards,

Prateek