Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass user creation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to do mass user creation using ecatt.

After I run the test script I am getting the following error

uslogond-ustyp input value is longer than screen field.

Please provide solution to solve this error.

Regards,

R.Suganya.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In your script, you need to edit the part where you select Dialog user type and replace it with User Type = A

You may need to re-record your script but this is what is causing the problem. It is expecting the single character, not the word Dialog. It's just a "feature" of CATTS/eCATTS

Cheers

Alex

p.s. I also found this thread which covers the same:

Edited by: Alex Ayers on Jul 17, 2008 12:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

But Alex,

I am not able to change the user type to 'A' while creating the user.

So what I can to do for changing this value.

0 Kudos

You need to edit your script at the point where you select Dialog

Go into the command interface in the script and under DYNPRO find where it sets 'USLOGOND-USTYP'. You need to change the script so that VALIN and VALOUT = 'A'

This will fix the problem but you have to go into the script DYNPRO to change it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I also changed in dynpro.

I have a doubt whether I should change it before simulation or after.

Actually I changed before simulation and proceeded but still I got the same error only.

0 Kudos

I can't remember exactly where I changed it, but I would think that after simulation would be preferable as long as the script will run (it should do, this problem should only occur when trying to execute with data).

One thing that might make it easier is to go into your GUI options. (top right of screen, looks like a computer monitor next to a ? symbol).

Choose Expert Tab and then in Controls select "Show Keys" and "Sort Items by Key"

0 Kudos

You could ditch eCatt altogether and use BAPI's:

0 Kudos

>

> You could ditch eCatt altogether and use BAPI's:

>

>

Cool! Well done for finally getting around to writing the blog!

Now I can sleep well again... he he he

Julius