cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in integration of ROAD MAP and FPM Technic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to develop a web dynpro java application using floor plan manager technique. It should be integrated in the ESS.

Please let me know if i develop the same application in webdynpro abap using ROAD MAP control whether it will integrate in ESS or not.

In case If it sinks let me know what are the functionalities that differ.

Thanks,

Hasini.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hasini,

All of the ESS applications make use of the Road Map pattern (ROP). You can read more about the development techniques from the link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/3f/20888224c544a2a01d9fe618902ae5/frameset.htm

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GLM,

Thanks for quick response.

All the present ESS applications are developed in webdynpro java by using floor plan manager(FPM) technique.As I am not much aware of java I developed the same application in webdynpro abap using ROAD MAP technique. I observed in SDN that road map and floor plan manager are different.

I would like to know whether this application integrate in ESS? If so are there any differneces in functionalities.

Thanks,

Hasini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FPM and Road Map are totally different. Integration may not be correct even though your screen look alike.

FPM is a framework for creating applications for ESS.This is used for consistency. As far as my knowledge goes most of the development/enhancement work in the ESS happends in WD Java with NWDI.

Regards

Ayyapparaj