cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between ROAD MAP and FPM Technic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to develop a web dynpro java application using floor plan manager technique. It should be integrated in the ESS.

Please let me know if i develop the same application in webdynpro abap using ROAD MAP control whether it will integrate in ESS or not.

In case If it sinks let me know what are the functionalities that differ.

Thanks,

Hasini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Road map technique and Floor Plan Manager Technique, both are different.

The FloorPlan Manager is a tool for constructing WD applications with a similar layout and user interface.

The OIF and the Guided Activity Floorplan (GAF) are the types of FPM.

Editing of a single business object is done by OIF and allows the nesting of header and item details. The GAF, uses a road map technique for the step by step activity to be performed.

The FloorPlan Manager is very powerful because it can be configured using component and application configuration - allowing you to plug in different UI Building Blocks (UIBB) as Web Dynpro Components or Views. The robust nature of the FPM is becasue of the Consistency between applications provided by it.

The Road Map is a UI element in WD used to create your own custom applications.

Pls refer to this link to have more idea -

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Community/BringitallTogetherwithFPM%28FloorplanManager%29forWebDynpro+ABAP

Reward if helpful.

Best Wishes,

Chandralekha

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Chandralekha, I have a question for you. Did you write the following block yourself?

>

> Road map technique and Floor Plan Manager Technique, both are different.

>

> The FloorPlan Manager is a tool for constructing WD applications with a similar layout and user interface.

> The OIF and the Guided Activity Floorplan (GAF) are the types of FPM.

>

> Editing of a single business object is done by OIF and allows the nesting of header and item details. The GAF, uses a road map technique for the step by step activity to be performed.

> The FloorPlan Manager is very powerful because it can be configured using component and application configuration - allowing you to plug in different UI Building Blocks (UIBB) as Web Dynpro Components or Views. The robust nature of the FPM is becasue of the Consistency between applications provided by it.

>

> The Road Map is a UI element in WD used to create your own custom applications.

The reason that I ask is that it sounds really similar to forum thread that I posted on Tuesday:

There has a been a slight rewording on a few sentences, but the order of the sentences and topics are the same and a few are even verbatum.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can't mix UI Building Blocks implemented in Web Dynpro Java and Web Dynpro ABAP in each others Floor Plan Manager. In other words the Java Floor Plan Manager can only use Web Dynpro Java Components and the ABAP Floor Plan Manager can only use Web Dynpro ABAP components.