cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto file generation on desktop

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of our FI user, getting files created on his desktop automatically with file name like "sapfewdll_01_0002_01_-896239.err.trc"

all files are with extension .err.trc

Can anyone faced this type of prob, pl help

BS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is most probably generated by an enabled trace in the SAPGUI.

Open SAPLogon and click in the upper left corner - select options - check if the trace is activated.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have a similar issue here with one of the end users in the Logistics department... however, her "trace" is not checked?!

is there anything else that can trigger the creation of these files?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Traces can also be activated through environment variables, not only through the clicker in SAPGUI.

Is it user/machine specific? Transaction specific?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

not sure whether it's transaction specific... I'm just a BI guy

as far as the users go, I know for a fact that at least one of the end users has this "phenomenon" (she asked me whether I knew how these files got on her pc)... the files all start with rfc, so I'm thinking some kind of trace has been activated... I have checked ST01 and ST05, but all traces are switched off

is there anything else I can/should check?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in SM59 if any trace is activated there. (maybe display the server traces and possibly "guess" which RFC is set to trace=on)

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

just checked (table RFCCHECK contains this info btw)... none of them is active?!

anyways... never mind... it's not a very big deal...

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you have a look at the traces created? Maybe the content of them will give a clue...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you start SAPlogon (where you see the list of systems), click the control box at the top left of the window and choose "Options".

See if the SAP GUI Trace has been switched on there - these sound like trace files which would normally go into the SAPWorkDir, but the path could have been changed to point to the desktop. Anyway, switching the trace off would stop it.