cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special period 13 to 16

Former Member

Hi Guys

I have a doubt on special period available in SAP. We have special period 13 to 16 - i really have a doubt what is the purpose of this.

1] For eg - i am opening the special period in OB52.

Can i pass a entry for that period - When i passed an entry - the date i can give is only from jan to dec, otherwise the system will give an error as invalid date.

Now iam giving a date as lost date of my fiscal year and changing the period as 13, the period is automatically changed to the posting date period.

2] I have opened only one period in OB52 i.e the period 13. Now can i pass entry in any period i.e. from period 1 to 13

The live issue is i have some audit entries which are to be passed on 31st March, by using period 13. When we try this the above doubts came into picture

Thanks in advance

Warm Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Dear Bala,

We use special posting period to post make adjustment entries. This is how to post in "Special Period" in system : 

1. Go to F-02

2. Enter desired dates in date field.

3. In period field enter " Special Period Number e.g 13"

4. And proceed with normal postings and save the document.

For posting in special period you have to enter special period explicitly, and your Posting Date should fall in Last Actual Period say March or December. In below example date is in March 2014.

Please find below screenshot for your help and reference.

FB03 :

FS10N :

I hope this will help you to understand functionality, and solve your issue as well. Just try F-02 in your system and see what happens - see results in FS10N as well.

Thank you.

Regards,

Pankaj Bhalerao.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

Hi Bala

In sap we have 16 posting periods 1-12 are normal periods generally used in accounting (day to day transcations) after year end that will be closed and remaining special periods is 4 that will be opened for aduit adjustments (ie., if any errors occured during posting in normal periods that will be adjusted in 4 periods)

i hope you got my point.

With best regards,

satishkumar.m

Former Member

Hi Bala,

The last posting period ie.,12 th period is divided into 4 special periods.So technically speaking you are posting entries in the 12th period.You cant specify a date like 17.13.2008 eventhough you are posting in period 13.You can mention the posting date as 17.12.2008 and period as 13 so that the system will accept the postings.To understand more about Sp.Posting periods follow the below link:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/96/8b2fef43ce11d189ee0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

Thanks

Aravind

Assign points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

For year end adjustment purpose SAP has given 4 special periods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason why we have special periods is to take care of the adjustments that we do after we close the books of accounts.

We can have a maximum of four special periods only. We can post data relevant to the closed fiscal year into the special periods.

Hope you are clear now.

Cheers

Raghu