cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BACKGRD JOBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

why we are using the background jobs. could u tell me the reason and one more could u give me any links so that i can go through of that.

if any body telling this am really appreciate

regards,

kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for ur response.

but my intention is whre we r using this B.jobs, could u tell me one example with step by step

and how it works if we shedule this job.

regards,

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

We use background jobs as they consume less application server memory and hence performance is improved.

You can not see the report output on the screen while using background jobs but you can see the logs generated in the transaction SM37.

You can take any of the program in your system which for example creates one file at the application server (unix directory) and you can schedule it in the backgound.

You can press F8 and then in the menu path... select Program - execute in background - > a pop up comes ... then specify the printer name (use F4) , press immediate and press save..

Tell me if you got the concept or need further explanation..

Best Regards,

Chandan Dubey

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

Why we do Background processing

-->Processing that does not take place on the screen.

-->Background processing enables you to process data in the background while executing other functions in parallel on the screen.

-->Although background processes are not visible to the user (there is no dialog), they have the same priority as online processes.

-->It will not stop the reguler functionality

For more details please go through this SAP help link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/6f/08703713bf277ee10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

go through the following link on backgound jobs

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/index.htm

Thanks

prasad