cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using .jar files in WebDynpro DC's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having a problem while trying to create a structure for a Web Dynpro component using .jars.

For a better understanding of the background, the whole story happens in JDI SS9 (SAP NW Dev Studio 2.0.9 and it's corresponding DTR version) therefore the External Library DC is not available to me.

That being said, here goes the problem description.

We would like to create a WebDynpro DC (DC1) which would contain a WebDynpro component WDA using a WebDynpro component WDB which has been developed as part of another DC DC2.

Now, of course that a typical DC structure (have both components inside DTR, create the appropriate dependencies between them, so on, so forth, will work). But there is another thing we would like to do, namely use the .jar created as a public part for WDB in DC2 directly.

So, we include the named .jar as an external library in the project structure of WDB.

Let aside runtime issues, which are going to be solved by using sharing references, DC1 won't compile - moreover, because WDB cannot be used as a 'Used WD component' from within WDA because it's not available at all. As if the .jar is not seen.

But if we would create a simple project, not a DC, the .jar is perfectly usable that way. The WebDynpro project compiles fine, and WDB appears as a referenceable component.

So, in short, the question is: what can we do to get a workable DC structure based merely on the .jar public parts and not on the whole DC tree ? A good example here would be the ability to create a Local DC using .jar public parts of DC's located in DTR.

I repeat, the problem must be solved in the SS9 context. I am aware of the existence of External Libraries in later versions, but currently I find myself confined to this one.

Thanks,

Marius

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

brahmanandam_ausali
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

check the following web blog,

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro

thanks and regards

Brahmanandam Ausali