cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicate GM time as local time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a possibility to syndicate a Time Stamp field (which is only updated when certain field is updated) in local time instead of GMT?

Now when we syndicate this Time Stamp field, the format is: "07/14/2008 06:39:17 GMT"

We want this time stamp converted to our local time (GMT +1), e.g. "07/14/2008 08:39:17". (two hours difference because we are on summer time now).

Can this be done? If so, how?

Regards,

Marcel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PHM,

Yes we can syndicate the Time.

To syndicate the time when any record is updated in GMT + 2 format ,u can go like this make a field in console as "Time".

Write a assignment by using "Systime" .This can be done in two ways

1) In MDM Console make the field as Calculated and then write the expression as below Systime(2/24)

2) In data manager

The format will be like for +1 hr as "Systime(1/24)"

For two hrs"Systime(2/24)".When ever u update a record after that add this assignment in the workflow as next step.

Hope this may help u.

And if ur MDM server time is not in GMT then make the above field as type "GM time" and then do as stated above.

Rgds

Ankit

Edited by: ankit jain on Jul 17, 2008 11:36 AM

Edited by: ankit jain on Jul 17, 2008 11:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

I also used the systime() function but that takes the system time as a basis (obviously!), while I need the timestamp field as a basis for the calculation (because I need exactly that same value of the timestamp field for the local time calculation)!

So I need somthing like this: Local time field (to syndicate) = Timestamp field + 2 hours?

And also, in summertime the difference is 2 hours with GMT. How can I make the distinction in the calculation between summertime and wintertime within that calculation (which is also future proof)?

Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I tried a lot but caome to the conclusion that in any way we cant fetch and use alter the "Time stamp" value,it is the property of this field.When ever we try to run any assignment on this it will take "GMT" time.So we cant make-up the req.If u can explain the scenario where u want to alter the time stamp by 2 hrs.

Rgds

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I gt ur req.When we try to syndicate ,always time comes in GMt and not in local time.So,I think it is not possible.

Rgds

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

I found one possible solution:

When I use a field of type "Literal Time" (e.g. Local Update Time) and put the following expression in an assignment for this field (where Update Date is a Timestamp field):

Update Date + (2/24)

This will add 2 hours to the Update Date (Time section). I can now use that field for syndication!

Problem I still have is with the summertime/wintertime difference, but I could add something for that based on the Update Date (e.g. if Update Date between certain dates it add 2 hours, else it add 1 hour)...

Thanks anyhow for your help. I will reward some points.

Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ya ur right we also tried same thing but insted of + (2/24) we are writing + 2,which is not giving time in correct format.Thanks fr help. Very gd qst from ur side.

Now u can write assignment as: if date between <> Sum(2/24) else Sum( /24) ( acc).

But there is a problem in this case ex when u will run the asignment the record time stamp will be updated with the time on which u have run the assignment.

Ex like u have updated a record at 10.00 a.m and run the assignment at 11.00 a.m then for the next time the Time stamp will be updated with the time 11.00 a.m. as assignment field updates the time stamp field.This will not allow u to know exact time of record update.

Thanks

Ankit

Edited by: ankit jain on Jul 17, 2008 2:20 PM

Answers (0)