Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synch LDAP data with HR Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to configure the synhronisation of the data in our LDAP with the info from HR.

For the LDAP we are using ADAM.

I have already set up the relevant RFC connection and LDAP connector - both are working correctly. I have also tested the connection to the ADAM, and I'm able to connect with a system user.

For the extraction I have chosen to use a query - I created my own infoset & query based on the standard ones that are provided. I have tested the query and the data is extracted correctly.

I have taken a look at the document around creating custom programs for this process, but I would prefer using the standard functionality as far as possible.

However, I am stuck at the step when mapping the query fields in report

RPLDAP_QUERY_MAPPING (or transaction HRLDAP_MAP) - what fields should the query data be mapped to? Do I need to create a custom table with the required fields and then map the query fields to these?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks & regards

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has been resolved.

When maintaining the query mapping in HRLDAP_MAP, the information can be derived from the infotype and technical field names as defined in the query that is created e.g.

Query Fld = P0000-PERNR

Attribute Grp = P0000

Attribute Name = P0000-PERNR

Query Fld = P0002-NACHN

Attribute Grp = P0002

Attribute Name = P0002-NACHN

Furthermore the Structure and Field in your LDAP mapping must be identical to the Attribute Grp and Attrib.Name entries you created for the query mapping

Regards