cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regenerate Meta XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the BAPI wrapper is modified, do we need to regenrate the SyncBO and in that case do we need to download a new merepmeta XML and import in NWDS?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divya Sarraju,

You only need to download a new merepmeta.xml file when you have changed the SyncBO Definition. For example... added a new field or changed the length of a field.

Greets,

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

It is better to re-generate the SyncBO again in Middleware. If there are any changes in the Sync BO definition you need to generate the meRepMeta.xml file and import it to NWDS. If your application is already in the middle of the development, i.e., you had already generated Java Business object etc prior to this change, again you have to re-generate the java business objects from NWDS. Other wise your sync bo structure will not get the modified changes into your application.

Regards

Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i have just modified the BAPI wrappers in backend, do i still need to import new metarep xml?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What did you changed exactly?

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you just change the Code itself - lets say you had a logical error in an if clause and you have changed this - then you do most likely not download a new MEREPMETA.XL file. Whenever you do changes on the structure of the BO in MEREP_SBUILDER, then you need to download the new file. This is for example if you have a new field, a new relationship or need to recompile the BO for any other of the changes you have done. Well, it is always better to download the file on time more then really needed. But if it is really a pure change on the backend with no impact on the Middleware structure, then it should be fine.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Oliver